Exhaust and turbo questions. - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
No Hole Too Deep or Slopy

Exhaust and turbo questions.

First is I'm about to put a single 6" miter stack on my truck. I am building it all my self the first thing is with a miter stack its open to rain and I don't have a garage big enough to park in. so I know a lil rain will evap but what about a lot. What comes with a real kit. Or do I put like a small peetrap in the 90 and a small hole.

Second what is the standard boost psi output for a stock 04 250, and can it over boost. I guru 32psi(monitered with a guege and outlook moniter seperate) just curious what is too much for a stock turbo.

Last how close to the turbo is best for the egt probe

Thanks

2004 F-250 6.0l V-8 4X4 Crew Cab Lariat.
ARP HEAD STUDS, Custom Intake, Muffler/Cat Delete, Edge Juiced W/Attitude Platinum Edition, CCV Dump 275/75/ r18 s on MT Classic Locks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 04:54 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Exhaust and turbo questions.

Well in my book 28lbs is max on a non studed motor and here is where the pyro goes.

This is a must if you pull heavy even if you do not, need for cool down 350*-360* before you turn the key off.

After drilling it out i used a magnet with a paper clip with a L shape on the end clip taped to the magnet run in the hole to remove any steel then tap the hole going only half way with the tap so you do not over size the hole, do not use grease. (the steel is soft so be carefull) Take is slow.

3-Gauge Install Pictures
2 stroker

06 F350 4x4 PSD Lariat FX4 CC LB
Edge Insight CTS-Expandable Pyro
AutoMeter Fuel Pressure Gauge
Fuel Reg. Kit 3C3Z-9T517-AG
Amsoil By-Pass(Amsoil 5w40)
Delo ELC-coolant Filter
pulling 14,000 lb Alpenlite 5er
97 F350 4x4 PSD CC LB
PacBrake&ATS converter lockup
3" dp 4" exhaust
TruCool 28,000 lb cooler
Tymar Intake
EGT,Boost,Trans
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
No Hole Too Deep or Slopy

PYRO = SO DRIVERS SIDE OR DOES IT MATTER?

2004 F-250 6.0l V-8 4X4 Crew Cab Lariat.
ARP HEAD STUDS, Custom Intake, Muffler/Cat Delete, Edge Juiced W/Attitude Platinum Edition, CCV Dump 275/75/ r18 s on MT Classic Locks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 07:31 AM
PSN Veteran

Drivers side best place to run the wires in right under the master cyl. don't know if it matters
2 stroker

06 F350 4x4 PSD Lariat FX4 CC LB
Edge Insight CTS-Expandable Pyro
AutoMeter Fuel Pressure Gauge
Fuel Reg. Kit 3C3Z-9T517-AG
Amsoil By-Pass(Amsoil 5w40)
Delo ELC-coolant Filter
pulling 14,000 lb Alpenlite 5er
97 F350 4x4 PSD CC LB
PacBrake&ATS converter lockup
3" dp 4" exhaust
TruCool 28,000 lb cooler
Tymar Intake
EGT,Boost,Trans
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 09:48 AM
PSN Local

First off you can get a cool looking stack bootie from Scheid's and it would have to come a heck of a rain for several days before you would even have to worry about something like that. Just think it would have to fill up your entire exhaust and then all the way up the downpipe before anything could get hurt. Secondly, your boost is ok. And lastly I took it as you meant you were thinking of putting the probe in the downpipe which is a not a good idea. Your readings could be pretty far off. Its best to put it in the exhaust manifold

10's ???

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode