Tuners: Best bang for your buck? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 02:59 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Tuners: Best bang for your buck?

Just looking at getting a tuner wanting some opinions and advice. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 04:50 AM
In The Passing Lane

Re: Tuners: Best bang for your buck?

Banks.

Garrett

2003 F-250 6.0 XLT CCSB 4WD 5R110- rebuilding it
1994 2500 12v RCLB 4WD 5spd- 382hp/1000tq gone but not forgotten
2000 GMC 2500 6.0 LQ4 4l80e RCLB 2wd
- stock
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 01:01 PM
Proud Sponsor

SCT hands down.

Adam Brannan
Email
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone (904)-813-5067

2011 F350 KR SWB CC 4x4 tuned by Ford
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 03:34 PM
Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Raul@stealth-automotive

Id have to agree... SCT with custom tunes hands down... its the only thing i would put on a 6.0L... dont forgot some gauges as well

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 03:53 PM
PursuitInterceptor

Custom SCT tuning is the gospel. SCT has a great following with plenty of companies providing excellent custom tunes. This is not to say Banks won't work well, it may not end up working the best.

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people my friend....those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

You dig.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 03:55 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSpeeDEMONSS View Post
Banks.

Garrett
Someone get out the ole' PSN ruler and smack his hands! I know we got a nun in here somewhere!

Seperation of Church and State!

Keeping the Fear Alive with 7.3's

97' Dodge Ram 1500 5.2L Auto 4x4, Single Cab, Shortbed, completely stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabee08FX4 View Post
That dude had some sweet tits.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 06:36 PM
PSN Local

if your looking of cost and do not really need custom tuning. I would get the edge evolution, use the canned tunes and you have gauges built in. (i'm talking about the evo 2 (around $350), not the cts, etc.)

btw i have an sct aswell as an edge evo. The only reason i have an sct is due to the ability to have a wide range of custom tuning options. I was curious about the sct as people rave about it on here, but in the end i still like my edge and feel it is more convenient. (not comparing tunes (even though i had no problems with the canned tunes and infact the jury is out on the shifting of which is better), just the product. The biggest thing is the conveince to change tunes, you don't have to worry about forgetting to carry your tuner with you)

Now if there was more then one place that could tune an evo, i think it would have a following more then the sct.

Its nice to have tunes in days instead of months.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 07:52 PM
Power Junky

Both the edge evo and the sct are good choices. Both can be custom tuned. The evo dose not have the support of the sct. My preference is the edge insight and a sct x3. I do not like the sct tunes that have the built in gauges. I have analog gauges and love them but eventually I add a ingsight for monitoring more parameters and the ability to change what I watch from time to time. With analog gauges your set as to what you can watch.

Randy
2006 f250 4x4 lariat cc swb 6.0psd torqueshift elec tcase soon to have isspro gauges air/fire/tranny/ fuel pretty much stock

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 07:55 PM
PSN Newb

SCT all the way. I am newer to the tuning and I wouldn't have it anyother way. Ya the SCT might cost you a few more bucks than an edge, but you can have the tunes tailored to you truck. Plus the transmission tuning is essential in my opinion. I bought a used SCT from the classifieds and got some tunes for way less than I could get an edge or anything like that.

2003 F250 6.0 CC LB
ARP's, Straight Pipe, IDP Tuned & FICM, Custom EGR Delete, Coolant Filter, PS Filter, Bypass Oil Filter, Upgraded Fuel Lines & Crossover, EGT & Fuel Pressure
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 08:29 PM
Administrator

in my sig SCT with gearheads tunes .. tried a bunch lost some $$ so learn from me or choose your own path

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode