Launching a 6.0 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Launching a 6.0

been working on getting the truck off the line, wanted to hear what everyone had to say about staging and how hard and when they get in on it. last week I cut a 1.70 60' and changed from 33's to 32's and got it down to a 1.72' but still want some moe! Its hard to find that fine line between hopping off the line and leaving perfectly. When do you start on the throttle at the tree? Ran a 12.87 last night would like to be in the 12's on fuel easily. Yes I know I need a fuel system. any comments appreciated. I love the nitto 420's so far. dont think i will be going back to the track until twisted builds this 5R for me. and until then, will be waiting on that money tree to come back around haha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Re: Launching a 6.0

post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 01:04 PM
PSN Veteran

was the 12.87 on fuel or nitrous? After i set the first light i start to build boost. While i'm building boost i try to creep up to set the second light...then when the tree goes down i usually try to leave just after the last yellow lights. Hopefully the guy you're racing stages quick enough so that you're not on the converter long while boosing.

2004 F-350 SC 4x4 6L....little bit of this...little bit of that

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokin6L View Post
was the 12.87 on fuel or nitrous? After i set the first light i start to build boost. While i'm building boost i try to creep up to set the second light...then when the tree goes down i usually try to leave just after the last yellow lights. Hopefully the guy you're racing stages quick enough so that you're not on the converter long while boosing.
thats the problem i have been running into..standing on the stock converter too long and making it limp. the 12.87 was with a baby shot. I wont try to tell stories or make you think my truck is something it isnt. but even with the baby shot I still couldnt get my 60 or 8th down to what I did on fuel last time. could the tranny just be worn ass out.....
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 02:08 PM
<-- Got Air ?

when you get a tranny you will be in alot better shape
have you let some air out of your tires and try doing a burnout with the back ones?
be careful running those injectors hard without a fuel system ive seen people kill 190s in 5k running them out of fuel pressure

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 02:16 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by donzimama View Post
been working on getting the truck off the line, wanted to hear what everyone had to say about staging and how hard and when they get in on it. last week I cut a 1.70 60' and changed from 33's to 32's and got it down to a 1.72' but still want some moe! Its hard to find that fine line between hopping off the line and leaving perfectly. When do you start on the throttle at the tree? Ran a 12.87 last night would like to be in the 12's on fuel easily. Yes I know I need a fuel system. any comments appreciated. I love the nitto 420's so far. dont think i will be going back to the track until twisted builds this 5R for me. and until then, will be waiting on that money tree to come back around haha.
What air pressure are you running in the tires?

When you stage the first light, let the other guy stage the second light first, unless of course its a test and tune and then who cares.

What boost are you leaving the line at?

2005 F-350

Last edited by Vengeance; 05-06-2011 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Craig beat me to it, lol
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
when you get a tranny you will be in alot better shape
have you let some air out of your tires and try doing a burnout with the back ones?
be careful running those injectors hard without a fuel system ive seen people kill 190s in 5k running them out of fuel pressure
ran 30 psi in the front and 40psi in the back. didnt turn the backones over i had them mounted probably 2 hours before haha. I would assume-(hate that word)with a built tranny i could leave alot harder and of course not flare haha. i probably should have bought a fuel system instead of tires. oh well. need em both. I am curious to see if and when it is out of fuel.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 02:47 PM
Damnkids Motorsports

Send a message via AIM to Mdub707

I think I would have bought the fuel system way before tires! Injectors are not cheap.

Are you even running a fuel pressure gauge right now?

DamnKids Motorsports

2006 F-250 6.0 4x4 Vegistroked
SCT Xcal2 w/Innovative Diesel Tuning 466/772 7/19/08
Black smoke don't mean it's broke... it means your tuning sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
Paypal can go fuk themselfs... Buy me a beer the next time we meet.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 02:49 PM
Banned

Are those the nittos in the pic?
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 02:52 PM
<-- Got Air ?

i would assume your at 15 psi fuel pressure as soon as you floor it or lower

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode