ccv re route, No.#3 code? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
No Hole Too Deep or Slopy

ccv re route, No.#3 code?

hey had a question to see if anyone else has had any codes pop up after routing the ccv to the back of the truck. it poped up no.#3 contribution/ balance fault. didnt know if may the hose is to small and is putting to much back pressure or to big and not enough since it is right above the 3 and 5 cylinder. i didnt think it had to have back pressure i used a 3/4 inch tube and used the fitting that was on it i just rotated the fittings around to attach the hose to it and ran it down. its all sloped down hill and had no kinks. btw i just replaced the no 3 injector 2500miles ago so i got my fingers crossed. but the truck runs great theres just a code.

2004 F-250 6.0l V-8 4X4 Crew Cab Lariat.
ARP HEAD STUDS, Custom Intake, Muffler/Cat Delete, Edge Juiced W/Attitude Platinum Edition, CCV Dump 275/75/ r18 s on MT Classic Locks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 05:27 PM
Administrator

Re: ccv re route, No.#3 code?

that would be the first I have read if it were the ccv mod ??
I would clear it and see what happens
any chance you disrupted a harness ?

DTR's Donation page

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 05:42 PM
Haters Gonna Hate

Send a message via MSN to Fordfreak4life

chu gawt a bad injecter holmes

2004 F-350 CCSB DRW Sport Package..... something else to spend money on
Proud Supporter of Race For The Warriors

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

i cleared the codes and it came right back. i checked the wires and im pretty sure its not a loose/bad wire. its running way to smooth compared to when the other injectors have gone bad plus that injector is fairly new but i guess thats the only other option. i guess ill just run it a while and see if it clears up. i didnt think the ccv should have anything to do with it but i figured id ask.

ARP HEAD STUDS, Custom Intake, Muffler/Cat Delete, Edge Juiced W/Attitude Platinum Edition, CCV Dump 275/75/ r18 s on MT Classic Locks.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 05:54 PM
Haters Gonna Hate

Send a message via MSN to Fordfreak4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow-n-Smoke View Post
i cleared the codes and it came right back. i checked the wires and im pretty sure its not a loose/bad wire. its running way to smooth compared to when the other injectors have gone bad plus that injector is fairly new but i guess thats the only other option. i guess ill just run it a while and see if it clears up. i didnt think the ccv should have anything to do with it but i figured id ask.
No your ccv wouldn't have caused that, what oil are you running in the truck and do you have a scanner you can hook up to do live readings with?

2004 F-350 CCSB DRW Sport Package..... something else to spend money on
Proud Supporter of Race For The Warriors
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

ive been running rotella, as far as the scanner all i have is my edge programmer that has the built in dtc code reader but nothing live.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 06:21 PM
Administrator

I have had 2 bad injectors and no codes but it ran like crap when the second one died when it was just one it ran like crap when cold

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

it was about 40 here this morning, it started right up idled smooth, ran good and strong, and like i said if it wasnt for the code you wouldnt know anything was wrong. the first set of problems i had with injectors was i had 1 go bad no code just a slight rough idle, then when the 2nd one started going out the idle got rougher and eventually ran bad and then died. only threw a code on the 2nd one. then the #3 which i just replaced 2500 miles ago had a barely noticeable rough idle and code so i swapped it and since everything has been great.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 11:08 PM
Administrator

?????????????????????????????????????

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

well guess it was just some trash or something. i cleared her throat a couple times on the way home and wah-lah the code is gone. but hey thanks for all of your imput

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode