Injectors? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 12:12 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Injectors?

ok got a 2007 6.0 with egr delete kit, 4inch straight pipe and stage two intake. running sct tunes right now but lost injectors. thinking about upgrading from stock injectors. how big should i go and what all would i need with them? what are good names as well?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 12:47 AM
PSN Local

Re: Injectors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenderbender46 View Post
ok got a 2007 6.0 with egr delete kit, 4inch straight pipe and stage two intake. running sct tunes right now but lost injectors. thinking about upgrading from stock injectors. how big should i go and what all would i need with them? what are good names as well?
I would try to find them .

All kidding aside what do you want to do with the truck? Do you tow? Are you going to upgrade the turbo? Do you have studs?

2004 F250 CC/SB FX4
Studded, deleted, 205's, 62/80, Purple bottle mod.
Fueled by Elite, Tuned by Innovative

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

12.2 @ 109
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 01:09 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

studs are next on the list and i was thinking about upgrading to the powermax turbo down the line but its still stock now. i don't tow alot everyonce in a while but nothing crazy heavy and thinking about making this a sled pulling truck and/or a street racer.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 01:51 AM
PSN Local

with NO experience: from what i hear 155s or 175s are good with the powermax and no more than 190s with 100 tips imo 175s with power max

2005 6.0 CC SB 4x4
Special thanks to Doug at GoGoDiesel
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 03:01 PM
PSN Veteran

We are selling the new Cass Full Force Diesels 155cc now..get ya about 500HP with support mods..PM me.

Cary

We only carry the BEST parts and never compromise just to get a sale.

Dealer for: Full Force, Tymar, BTS, Icon, Pure Performance, TW tunes, just to name a few.

email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Introduction only. Please email if I can help.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 05:27 PM
Reppin' the 6.4L

Keep in mind to run upgraded injectors you are gonna need some supporting mods... AirDog, Fuel Pressure Gauge, Studs, EGR Delete, etc.

Oh and Cary, I don't think that 155's are gonna make 500 HP without an upgraded turbo (PowerMax or the like) and an FICM tune.

Blake

Looking for a second 6.4L....

2008 F-250 CCSB King Ranch 6.4L
4" Rough Country Lift, Dual Steering Stabilizers, 20x10" XD Diesels, 35x12.50x20" Mickey Thompson MTZ's, Line-X, 15% Tint, MBRP 4" Cool Duals w/ 6" Tips, S&B Intake, Flo-Pro EGR Delete and Elbow, MBRP CAC Tube
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-02-2011, 01:11 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

yeah i figured i would need that stuff too. i've been hearing things about banjo bolts or something? what are those?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 06:50 AM
Joe

I went with 155's and a powermax and love the setup! Get an AD2 rite away too. If your in there do it all at once dont just do it a little at a time, for instance dont put in bigger injectors with "intention" of a fuel system, its not worth the possobility of wiping out a set of brand new injectors. Like everyone else said, supporting mods are going to be your best friend in a buildup like your talking! And the answer to your question with 6.4 banjo bolts... you can run 6.4 banjo bolts in your heads to free up the factory 6.0 check valve and it also has bigger ports which equal out to better fuel flow and less restriction.

BTW there are many writups about this topic, the search button will be a big help!
Good luck on your build!

2009 F-250 CCSB Lariat, 5" Flo Pro, Minni Maxx, S&B, HID's, Visionary Metals Traction Bars.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 01:00 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexyford View Post
I went with 155's and a powermax and love the setup! Get an AD2 rite away too. If your in there do it all at once dont just do it a little at a time, for instance dont put in bigger injectors with "intention" of a fuel system, its not worth the possobility of wiping out a set of brand new injectors. Like everyone else said, supporting mods are going to be your best friend in a buildup like your talking! And the answer to your question with 6.4 banjo bolts... you can run 6.4 banjo bolts in your heads to free up the factory 6.0 check valve and it also has bigger ports which equal out to better fuel flow and less restriction.

BTW there are many writups about this topic, the search button will be a big help!
Good luck on your build!
What tunes are you running? What are the egt's? And what are the EGT's when you tow xxxxlb?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode