ENGINE BUILDER- RECOMMENDATIONS? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Heavily Fordified

ENGINE BUILDER- RECOMMENDATIONS?

I'm starting a pretty ambitious project thats going to require some engine work. I'm building a 2004 f350 dually flatbed and its best and highest use will be towing and snow plowing. I dont need a race truck, but I earn a living with it so it will need to be dead reliable. Lots of people say this is a tall order for the 6.0, lol. But I think those people are sources for cheap trucks :)

Anyway, this truck belonged to our local municipality and blew a transmission line while plowing snow. this caused a fire that melted the batteries and some of the plastic on top of the motor, as well as some rubber parts. it burned the paint off of the driver side fender, part of the hood, and started up thru the shift boot. All things considered, it looks pretty minor to me, as fires go. that engine had 35,000 miles on it. I bought a donor truck which is supposed to have 200,000 miles on it, but the engine is so clean you could eat off of it. allegedly the only problem with the donor engine is the crankshaft position sensor.

Im in southwest Missouri and I work alot. I COULD do the work (headgaskets, studs, tubes, egr delete, etc) but I would rather drop the engine off at a reputable shop and have them inspect the rest of the engine. Id like to know what I have is as reliable as can be expected from a diesel engine. does anyone have any recommendations on who could do the work while I spend the time making money? I dont mind driving a ways, or even shipping, I just wanna end up with a nice truck in the end.

I'll be posting up progress reports when i get started. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 03:05 PM
Damnkids Motorsports

Send a message via AIM to Mdub707
Re: ENGINE BUILDER- RECOMMENDATIONS?

If you don't mind shipping... Doug @ GoGo. He's in Florida, but I'd trust him with anything.

DamnKids Motorsports

2006 F-250 6.0 4x4 Vegistroked
SCT Xcal2 w/Innovative Diesel Tuning 466/772 7/19/08
Black smoke don't mean it's broke... it means your tuning sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
Paypal can go fuk themselfs... Buy me a beer the next time we meet.
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 03:10 PM
09 6.4

where are you located in SW MO?

2009 CCSB Black

12.6 @ 109 1/4 mile

post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 03:56 PM
PSN Veteran

You're a smart pup it sounds like, good luck, glad someone still has some faith in the dreaded 6.0

2007 F250 ccsb Lariat
33" Nitto Terra Grapplers on stocks, SCT x3 with custom extreme tunes from IDP, Autometer gauges, zoodad air mod, "2003" turbo, carriage works billet grill layover, HID 6000k, headstuds/egr delete, 6.4 banjo fuel bolt upgrade, 4" turbo back to 7" single stack
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
Heavily Fordified

Quote:
Originally Posted by webb06 View Post
where are you located in SW MO?
I'm in St Robert.
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 04:13 PM
Haters Gonna Hate

Send a message via MSN to Fordfreak4life

Doug, hands down......

2004 F-350 CCSB DRW Sport Package..... something else to spend money on
Proud Supporter of Race For The Warriors
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 04:16 PM
loud and long

I love my 6.0 and they can be just as if not more reliable than a 7.3 if you do the right stuff. The biggest problem the 6.0 has is the dumb a$$es that work on them. Period. I do all lying own work on my truck from changing oil to doin the head studs. I took my truck to rcd once and paid dearly for it and had to redo the work myself anyway. Find a guy that knows what the Hell he is doin and ull have a good truck. Sorry about the rant but I just had to. Haha

06 f250 w/ sct tunes from Gearhead
2"leveling kit w/ 350 blocks in rear
5 inch straight pipe
s&b intake
arp head studs
full egr delete
oil bypass
155/75 injectors
64/71 non vgt

Just bought-97 f250 ext cab long bed
Looking for Dana 60 front axel

RIP MAXINE
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
Heavily Fordified

I'm a mechanic on my own stuff because I HAVE to be. It seems like anytime I take anything to a dealer or mechanic I've been at worst ripped off or at best disappointed. I find it hard to pay for ANYTHING thats not done well. I dont understand why you would get up in the morning and clock in, if you arent planning to not only do your job, but do it well.

I guess thats why I stay as busy as I do working for other people. I fix my own computers, my own trucks, my own buildings...not because i desperately need to find something to burn up my fun time on...but because I cant seem to find anyone else who cares enough to simply do it right...or fix it when something gets messed up.

Admittedly I own a duramax as well and love it (ducks). But in my defense, my superduties outnumber my HDs, lol. I also have a 99 v10 f250 and have grown quite fond of it as well...unfortunately I'll have to sell it to finance the F350 project.
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 04:54 PM
Damnkids Motorsports

Send a message via AIM to Mdub707

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcfly89 View Post
I'm a mechanic on my own stuff because I HAVE to be. It seems like anytime I take anything to a dealer or mechanic I've been at worst ripped off or at best disappointed. I find it hard to pay for ANYTHING thats not done well. I dont understand why you would get up in the morning and clock in, if you arent planning to not only do your job, but do it well.

I guess thats why I stay as busy as I do working for other people. I fix my own computers, my own trucks, my own buildings...not because i desperately need to find something to burn up my fun time on...but because I cant seem to find anyone else who cares enough to simply do it right...or fix it when something gets messed up.
Most of us feel the same way man. You're in good company here.

DamnKids Motorsports

2006 F-250 6.0 4x4 Vegistroked
SCT Xcal2 w/Innovative Diesel Tuning 466/772 7/19/08
Black smoke don't mean it's broke... it means your tuning sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
Paypal can go fuk themselfs... Buy me a beer the next time we meet.
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 06:43 PM
PSN Veteran

Same boat.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode