How long should my sct take?? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

How long should my sct take??

Ok I ended up getting a sct tuner from a buddie that went out of business and I bought it dirt cheap and it needs new software I sent it off last wednesday I was curious how ling it took you guys to get yours back if you've sent it off thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 12:50 AM
Administrator

Re: How long should my sct take??

that makes no sense?? unless it actually needed to be rejuvenated ?,, the software updates you can do at home but to renew an old one that has been used on more than 5 vehicles it would need to be sent back and that can take 2 weeks and cost 150 IIRC

DTR's Donation page

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 02:04 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

The software on it was confused with a older model after trying to update it even a tech at sct logged on my computer and tried to update it and it wouldnt take the update it was a limeware problem and they said they would cover it free of charge

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 02:11 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06f3506.0 View Post
The software on it was confused with a older model after trying to update it even a tech at sct logged on my computer and tried to update it and it wouldnt take the update it was a limeware problem and they said they would cover it free of charge
I had the same issue with mine last year. There was a new update for it that wasn't on their site and the SCT tech wasn't able to do it for me either. I sent mine out next day air and had it back in three days. When it was done they called me and i told them to send it back to me next day and that i was willing to pay for it.

2004 F-350 SC 4x4 6L....little bit of this...little bit of that
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 02:15 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

will they call me when its done or will they just mail it back i tracked it and it was delivered friday so im guessing i shoud have it thursday or friday this week i live in missouri and it took two days to get there ground did yours work good when you got it back?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 02:26 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
will they call me when its done or will they just mail it back i tracked it and it was delivered friday so im guessing i shoud have it thursday or friday this week i live in missouri and it took two days to get there ground did yours work good when you got it back?
yeah worked great. They did all the updates for it. When i shipped it out i told them that i wanted it shipped out next day and gave them my phone #. When they called i gave them my CC# for shipping.

2004 F-350 SC 4x4 6L....little bit of this...little bit of that
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 02:56 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Ok ya they said if I paid to ship I out they would pay to ship it back. I'm anxious to get It thanks for the information
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 02:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
interesting

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode