Best "Combo" Tune - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 03:32 AM Thread Starter
East Coast

Best "Combo" Tune

I am looking for a tune that is good for daily driving and towing on the weekends. I have a tow tune from innovative, but I don't really like it. I tried the SCT x3 65HP tow tune and it was good put it kept throwing a CEL P006A.

I am just looking for a tune with good towing power, good fuel economy and easy on the truck.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks!

2012 6.7L

2003 6.0L 300,000 miles

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 04:17 AM
i like to party

Re: Best "Combo" Tune

call or e-mail Eric and ask him to modify the tune for you, you paid for it he will alter it for free of charge to your liking, thats why theyre called custom tunes.

If you dont want to go that route, Vivian at Quick Tricks has a great tow tune which I've been using lately to tow with, ill be testing out my TSD tow tune next time around.

Matt at Gearhead also has great tow tunes the 8k tow (13k studded) and unlimited tow (trans only tune)
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 05:33 AM
PSN Veteran

What don't you like about Eric's tow tune? I got the 3-pack and it was my favorite one because the others were too strong for daily driving. If it's the shifting, have him turn off the continuous torque converter lockup so it will shift down more easily. I had continuous TC lock turned off on all my tunes.

2012 F-150 XLT Ecoboost SuperCrew 6.5' 4x4

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
East Coast

I felt like the tune did not have the power I was looking for. It hads a lot of low end but no high end power. also my MPGs were the same loaded or not... Maybe a little better empty.

The one thing I did like was the shifting. It would hold a gear nice and long and would avoid down shifting. I think the tune is 310rwhp and 580rwtq.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 01:21 PM
Banned

Try out elites insanity tune, I leave it for dd and towing
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 01:34 PM
Damnkids Motorsports

Send a message via AIM to Mdub707

Try a street tune. You're not really supposed to tow with hot tunes on the truck. They make those tow tunes for a reason. With that said, a street tune is ok for towing a fair amount. I have used it towing my camper which is probably around 5k, but usually use the aggressive tow from Eric, love that tune.

DamnKids Motorsports

2006 F-250 6.0 4x4 Vegistroked
SCT Xcal2 w/Innovative Diesel Tuning 466/772 7/19/08
Black smoke don't mean it's broke... it means your tuning sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
Paypal can go fuk themselfs... Buy me a beer the next time we meet.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 01:42 PM
PSN Veteran

I have Eric's tunes; street, tow, and economy. I really like the street tune and usually DD on that, but here lately I'm pulling something almost everyday and it is a pain in the azz to swap tunes all the time, so I've been DD with the tow tune and I hate it.

Sure wish you could switch tunes on the fly.

2005 F-350 XL CC LB 4x4
Auto, SCT, Tunes from Eric, 03 Turbo, Exhaust, Coolant filter

2008 F-250 XLT CC SB 4x4
6.4 Auto, 6in Procomp lift, 37x12.50r20

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi7615 View Post
Unfortunately, there are too many animals wanting handouts and too many bleeders willing to give away other peoples money that it won't be easy to remove the stupid one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 01:47 PM
PSN Veteran

Give gogo, kem, or tsd a shout any of them will set you up with a tune you will be happy with
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 01:48 PM
PSN Veteran

Eric's tow tune is rated for the full load rating of the vehicle. The reason you feel less top end and don't see improved mileage is to keep the combustion pressures in check and keep your heads on. If you want to tow lightly and have a lot more top end, his Street tune is rated for a lower load rating.

2012 F-150 XLT Ecoboost SuperCrew 6.5' 4x4
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 02:32 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartmanea View Post
Eric's tow tune is rated for the full load rating of the vehicle. The reason you feel less top end and don't see improved mileage is to keep the combustion pressures in check and keep your heads on. If you want to tow lightly and have a lot more top end, his Street tune is rated for a lower load rating.
Any idea what that lower weight is?

2005 F-350 XL CC LB 4x4
Auto, SCT, Tunes from Eric, 03 Turbo, Exhaust, Coolant filter

2008 F-250 XLT CC SB 4x4
6.4 Auto, 6in Procomp lift, 37x12.50r20

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi7615 View Post
Unfortunately, there are too many animals wanting handouts and too many bleeders willing to give away other peoples money that it won't be easy to remove the stupid one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode