Dynoed an H&S XRT Pro Tonight - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 01:21 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Dynoed an H&S XRT Pro Tonight

I toss programmers into my trucks on a regular basis just to drive them and see how they do. It makes it easier to tell a customer what to expect from certain brand, etc, etc, boring, blah, etc. Lately I have been running the H&S XRT Pro. I finally became curious enough to throw it on the dyno tonight just to see what kind of numbers it puts out. I figured I would toss up this post because I get asked about the 6.0 tunes on the XRT more and more lately, but I'm doubtful many will pony up the bucks to try it out.

I have driven lots of trucks with lots of different tunes. The level of performance from most out of the box tuners is lacking to say the least. I was suprised at what a mean little tuner the XRT is. I have been running the "hot" setting for a couple of weeks and have been really happy with it. For some reason my water in fuel light comes on when this tuner is installed and the throttle is a bit touchy. Those are really the only two negatives I have found.

The positives are decent mileage, instant tire ripping power, and just plain smooth power. I am a big fan of the instant power level change without a complete reprogram too. Makes dynoing this tuner much quicker. Although, all three tunes seem to be really close to each other in power. (the spread was 25 peak horse between them )

Since it ran so well I was curious how much power it was actually putting out. The tunes remind me a lot of custom tunes I have ran from Eric or Matt in the SCTs. But for $664, this tuner better deliver out of the box I guess. Keep in mind that the truck is rolling on ugly Cepek Crusher tires which probably doesn't help horsepower on the top end much. On the other hand, the truck has a Garrett Stage 1 turbo, so that may equal it out some. Also, I had to dyno in 5th gear after the convertor locked up (70mph-135mph), so a direct gear run might also change these numbers some.

Stock Horsepower: 267 H&S Hot: 402
Stock Torque: 465 H&S Hot: 721

Here is the dyno sheet comparing stock and Hot:

Here is the dyno sheet of just the Hot run:

And lastly because Dynojet is god, here is the Superflow corrected to Dynojet sheet:

Dynojet Peak Horsepower: 426
Dynojet Peak Torque: 766

Interesting results even though I realize they are breaking no new ground here. I dynoed one of Eric's tunes several years ago that was 400+ on stock truck. The programming is just very smooth. Reminds me alot of their 6.4 stuff and I finally gave up and had to see what it would do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 01:35 AM
PSN Local

Re: Dynoed an H&S XRT Pro Tonight

Nice numbers for sure. What intake are you using?

2010 F-350 King Ranch Platinum White SRW-S/B-FX4-Loaded
All stock for now but.......

Traded in....
2006 F-350 King Ranch C/C SRW 4WD 6inch Fabtech
Radius Arm lift w/Fabtech traction bars. 37x13.50x20Toyo M/T'S Moto Metal 956's MBRP 4" turbo back no kitty,AFE,Accufab elbow, SCT livewire-Tuned by none other than Eric !!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

The truck has an S&B cold air intake and a 4" exhaust.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 05:31 PM
i like to party

the H&S doesnt have trans tuning does it? Pretty sure it doesnt, and its shift on the fly? Could be a bad recipe for the 6.0

someone correct me if i'm wrong

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode