PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum - View Single Post - Reviews Chevy vs Ford
View Single Post
post #20 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 05:21 AM
me2
PSN Veteran

Re: Reviews Chevy vs Ford

I haven't driven the 2011 Ford, but I just test drove a 2011 Chev 2500 crew cab.

I didn't find the ride to be very great. On rough pavement the rear axle danced a lot, and this was only a 2500, not a 3500. Frame beaming ? I dunno, but I wasn't impressed. I always thought that GM trucks rode like cars ?

The interior is all plastic. The driver's seat barely goes back far enough for me and the top part of my vision is obscured by where the roof meets the windshield. I'm 6' 1".

The cab seems a lot smaller than a Superduty cab. I set the driver's seat all the way back, where I would need it if I was driving and then went in the back seat. I was totally squished and uncomfortable. I am very comfortable in the back seat of my Superduty.

The GM towing mirrors are smaller than the Superduty. Did I mention my 5er is 40 feet long and I sometimes tow double ?

The Duramax looks a lot cleaner under the hood and the acceleration was really good.

I don't care what the reviewers write. I buy the truck that I like and if I had to buy one tomorrow I am pretty sure it would be a Ford.

New truck.
08 F350 King Ranch
Long box CC 4x4
6.4 5R110
Soon to get a Cummins 6.7 transplant.

Old truck.
Red '99 2WD F250 CC SWB
3rd gen 325/610 Cummins, ZF6
Custom air ride suspension

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome