PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum - View Single Post - Duramax owner ready to make the switch
View Single Post
post #21 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 01:02 PM
StrongIslandDiesel
PSN Local

Re: Duramax owner ready to make the switch

Here it is..... I just moved over to a Ford myself. I previously owned a built LMM. I had it for 2 1/2 years with no real problems. It had an aftermarket turbo, injectors, lift pump, EFI Live, and all the other bolt on bull####. The truck was great and ate up all local cars and trucks around town. Until I melted a hole in my 4th piston. then I decided I could afford to be messing with an engine build, so my friend Ben (Duratothemax) helped me swap an LBZ engine in it and i traded it in for my King Ranch. Now for the Ford, I love it. I have no problems besides the fact that the transmission is always confused. If I could take this truck now and put an Allison in it, that would be perfect to me.
In the end it is what is best at the time. I will say the Ford feels like more of a truck. Rides a little bit rougher then the LMM. The stock Fords look better to me. The 6.7 is very responsive on the throttle. What I will say is if I was to build a Diesel race truck it would be a Twin Turbo Duramax. I hope this info helps.

2011 6.7 F-250 King Ranch CC SB

35X12.50X20 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T on Stock Wheels
10k HID's all around

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome