Calling San Antonio Gurus - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 01:32 AM Thread Starter
Military/Firefighter

Question Calling San Antonio Gurus

Moving to San Antonio this summer with wife and 2 kids. Does anyone know what part of San Antonio or places close to there are safe, family-friendly environments where we wont get mugged or shanked? I am also looking for reasonable costs of living...

MPmedic5
2003 F250 6.0L Diesel 4x4
SCT Livewire
Custom Tunes by Innovative Diesel
EGR Delete
3rd and Hopefully Last Set of HeadGaskets
Hi-Idle Mod
Lights and Siren
Nitto TerraGrapplers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 06:01 PM
PSN Newb

Re: Calling San Antonio Gurus

I just moved into the area not too long ago and everyone I talked too said to stay clear of the southern parts of town. I live off of the 1604 loop up north and like it so far. There are some nice neighborhoods with decent house pricing around me too.. Is there a specific area you've looked at yet? Depending where you will be working, traffic can be pretty bad at certain times of the day. Just another thing to think about.

-Kevin

2008 KR F350 - H&S Mini Maxx w/300HD, S&B CAI, & Flo-Pro 5"
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 06:18 PM
PSN Local

yes stay away from south, west, and east sides if you ask me...some parts of north central are good still...most of northeast and northwest side of town is good as well...helotes is a good place to be which is right outside of sa on the northwest side...schertz/cibolo is also fairly decent especially in the newer neighborhoods

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 07:29 PM
whistle tits

San antonio is a very cool area of texas, I wouldn't think twice about living there

1997 F350 SRW CCLB 7.3 ZF5 4x4
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-29-2012, 02:50 PM
Power Junky

I moved there 2yrs ago. I lived in live oak which is basically where i35 and loop 306 meets on the north side. We eventually moved to borene which is near i10. The boerne area is very nice but kinda far from most of what we did. It ia also some what expensive. We had to move due to my wifes job but I really liked the area. If and when I get to move back I will live in the schertz/ cibalo area (lots of affordable new housing) or new braunfels (also lost of ne housing). Living in those area keeps you close to the main road ways into san antonio and you still have all the major shopping and stuff to do. The kids will like floating the river, slitterbaun and sea world (which is redoing their water park for this summer which is suppost to be pretty good. It was a lot of fun last year) get a season pass to sea world as they are pretty cheap and it is fun since they have a few rollercoasters and the water park past the animals.

Randy
2006 f250 4x4 lariat cc swb 6.0psd torqueshift elec tcase soon to have isspro gauges air/fire/tranny/ fuel pretty much stock

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-03-2012, 11:53 PM
Power Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubbockguy1979 View Post
I moved there 2yrs ago. I lived in live oak which is basically where i35 and loop 1604 meets on the north side. We eventually moved to borene which is near i10. The boerne area is very nice but kinda far from most of what we did. It ia also some what expensive. We had to move due to my wifes job but I really liked the area. If and when I get to move back I will live in the schertz/ cibalo area (lots of affordable new housing) or new braunfels (also lost of ne housing). Living in those area keeps you close to the main road ways into san antonio and you still have all the major shopping and stuff to do. The kids will like floating the river, slitterbaun and sea world (which is redoing their water park for this summer which is suppost to be pretty good. It was a lot of fun last year) get a season pass to sea world as they are pretty cheap and it is fun since they have a few rollercoasters and the water park past the animals.
loop 306 is in san angelo. lived there to along time ago

Randy
2006 f250 4x4 lariat cc swb 6.0psd torqueshift elec tcase soon to have isspro gauges air/fire/tranny/ fuel pretty much stock

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012, 12:32 AM
PSN Local

ive lived in the northwest side of s.a my whole life (helotes)and love it but i dont mind geting parts on the other sides of town or doing jobs cause i use to work constuction but i would not want to live on the east west or south side its kinda a diffrent world in some of those places

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode