Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

NO START, please help

728 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  F-250-Owner 
#1 ·
I installed my airdog 2 yesterday with a hellmann sump.. followed the instructions as on airdog sheets.. I capped off the oem supply line on top of the tank and left the grey line connected due to the sump. all other lines reconnected. do not observe any leaks.. poured fuel in airdog filter like instructions stated... now go to start and it just cranks and cranks, no fuel pressure, pump is running..

any ideas? I know there is fuel, i disconnected fuel line @ sump and had fuel, other than that all I know is the airdog has power..

do I need to bleed the system, if so how do I do that?

On the airdog harness I did leave the 2nd plug(one other than the airdog power) and the 2 female connections in the engine compartment disconnected from anything as I thought the were extra?

#2 ·
Check the fuel bowl under the hood and see if it has fuel in it. Sounds like you just have to prime the pump to get all the air out especially if the airdoggy filters were dry. May run a jumper wire to the pump and just let it run for a bit if its recommended by the manufactor.

#3 ·
i know im gonna take a beatin for this and thats fine cause im a ra-tard... had the pump backwards....:doh::doh::doh::doh:

so i now have fuel pressure...

how do I prime the system, ive cycled the pump a bunch and it wont start.. is it bad to keep cranking and let the motor push the air out of the system?

#4 ·
i would open the fule bowl... use a jumper wire to cycle the pump until it starts filling the fuel bowl.... put the cap on it then crank it..... it would be hard on the starter and the batteries/charging system to keep cranking on it....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.