Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

6.0 oil cooler

6K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  turboculosis 
#1 ·
i have oil in my coolant..... so i ordered a new oil cooler, EGR delet and coolent filtration system.... kno my question is there a diy step by step out there so i dont miss any specail procedures;).. thank for any info and sorry if there is a post already for this...:ford:

#2 ·
Drain coolant
drain oil
disconnect batteries
remove intercooler tubes
remove coolant overflow tank
remove plastic wire guard that covers the top of turbo, lay up on cowl
remove turbo (10mm bolts)
remove oil filter
disconnect fuel lines at fuel bowl, zip ties on fuel lines will keep the fittings from sliding down the fuel lines, you'll see.
remove oil and fuel housing. torx bit 45
remove oil filter standpipe if you want to torx 20
remove 10mm bolt on front of manifold that holds the fuel line that feeds the pass. side head
remove FICM and injector wiring harnesses and pull main harness forward out of the way
remove intake bolts including the 2 for the egr cooler
remove intake
remove turbo pedistal (dont have to but it is easier to work in there)
remove egr cooler
remove oil cooler housing 10mm bolts
disassemble oil cooler housing (torx bolts)
remove 2 13mm nuts on the 2 studs turn over and remove the 2 13mm bolts on cooler tabs
turn back over use 2 4x4 boards to set the housing on so the cooler itself is in between them so it can be removed, use 18mm impact socket on the top of the raised ports to knock out the cooler. the instruction sheet in cooler rebuild kit will give you a better idea.
clean all parts and put it back together
clean out the oil in the engine valley and replace the screen in the bottom
new screen should be included with cooler if not buy one
fill valley up with new oil to the top of the rubber handle on the screen before you put the new oil cooler back in

that should get you started....

#4 ·
finished it in 10 hrs ansd the truck is running good.. but now my buddy had the same thing happen and guess whos doing oh yaya

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.