ISSUES - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By bismic1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Exclamation ISSUES

i HAVE A 06 FORD F350 6.0WHICH I REBUILT TOP HALF OF THE MOTOR EVERYTHING CAME OUT GOOD BUT AFTER USING IT FOR 5 DAYS MY TRUCK WONT START BACK UP AND IT HAS NO OIL READING AT ALL . ADVISE ME ON WHAT COULD BE THE ISSUE . I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND IT WAS WORKING PERFECTLY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 11:31 PM
alleged moderator

Re: ISSUES

welcome to PSN.
these engines will not fire without oil pressure, so the first thing to do is fill it up with oil and find the leak.

tom
owner of almost to many fords.

If you want the moral high ground, make sure you're not standing on a hill of horsecrap.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 11:41 PM
PSN Local

Tjc,

Is it the 6.0 or 6.4 that has the top mounted oil filter cartridge that drains out if you don't use the correct OEM cover/cap? I don't have a truck with this motor, but I remember it being the problem on someone else's newer truck.

Cj

1997 F350 CCLB 7.3, Eaton Fuller RTO-6610, 4x4, 3.54, otherwise stock

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 12:17 AM
alleged moderator

no idea, i don't touch either of them. just know that without oil pressure the HPOP will not work.

tom
owner of almost to many fords.

If you want the moral high ground, make sure you're not standing on a hill of horsecrap.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 12:26 AM
"resident smarty pants"

The 6.0L will lose oil pressure with a tall oil filter cap and an OEM cap (because the filter housing drain valve won't close).

Mark
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARPs OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Balljoints;RACCCV6000;Updated HPOP fitting;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;plugs&standpipes;Fumo to;Harpooned;Quadzilla XZT Fuel Press;Blue spring;DashDAQ;PHP_FICM; RiffRaff boots;DCPower270A XP;Inverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;BPD WaterPump;SCT Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra w/ filter;SynchroMax
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-23-2019, 03:42 AM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by bismic1 View Post
The 6.0L will lose oil pressure with a tall oil filter cap and an OEM cap (because the filter housing drain valve won't close).
I'm having an intermittent crank no start as well,Early '04 f-250.. 85% on IPR and 256/260 on ICP... HPOP, IPR, and ICP all new... It happened once before these parts were replaced, and numerous times since. HPOP,IPR,ICP all replaced as preventative items when I replace head gaskets and studded. Injector o-rings were also replaced. My thought is a wiring problem, but the HP-Oil not coming up makes me think hydraulic... any thoughts ?? Seems to happen first start of the day... When it does decide to start, it is instant start when turning the key, not long cranking...

Any help would help ..
Thanks,
Dan
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-23-2019, 05:47 AM
"resident smarty pants"

Intermittent issues can frequently be electrical issues. Get a thorough scan tool and pull codes. Check the IPR wiring and connector. Also check the ICP sensor connector and wiring.
Rcjetsaok likes this.

Mark
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARPs OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Balljoints;RACCCV6000;Updated HPOP fitting;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;plugs&standpipes;Fumo to;Harpooned;Quadzilla XZT Fuel Press;Blue spring;DashDAQ;PHP_FICM; RiffRaff boots;DCPower270A XP;Inverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;BPD WaterPump;SCT Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra w/ filter;SynchroMax

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode