6.0 Excursion Oil Light coming on - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 8Likes
  • 2 Post By bismic1
  • 1 Post By bismic1
  • 2 Post By matthewd11
  • 1 Post By bismic1
  • 1 Post By bismic1
  • 1 Post By Turd-250

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 12:52 AM Thread Starter
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

6.0 Excursion Oil Light coming on

Alrighty! I think this might be a fun one lol!

My cousins 6.0 has the check gauge light coming on and the oil pressure dummy needle falling to 0 kinda randomly when it's around idle rpm. Just started today. This was at operating temp. Runs fine tho.

It's an 04 excursion. Somewhere around 200k miles. I'll try to update with mileage and build date if he can get those details back to me.
It's pretty much stock. It did have some injectors and ficm replaced a while back. It was regularly maintained as well. They're on the red river, kinda warm, so I think it's had conventional 15w40 it's whole life. Light duty vehicle for the most part I think.

What do I need to ask him?

Oh yeah, lol, he said the and light was on at some point... just to muddy the water

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Farts are like a good bourbon, add a small touch of water to bring out the excellence."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 12:55 AM
"resident smarty pants"

Re: 6.0 Excursion Oil Light coming on

Ask him to remove the oil filter and crank the engine to fill the oil filter housing. Post up how long it takes to fill. Should be about 8-10 seconds without closing the drain valve. If it fills quickly enough, it is probably the pressure switch.

Getting the codes read is not ever a bad idea either.
Turd-250 and Dustybumpers like this.

Mark
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARPs OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Balljoints;RACCCV6000;Updated HPOP fitting;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;plugs&standpipes;Fumo to;Harpooned;Quadzilla XZT Fuel Press;Blue spring;DashDAQ;PHP_FICM; RiffRaff boots;DCPower270A XP;Inverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;BPD WaterPump;SCT Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra w/ filter;SynchroMax
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 01:14 AM Thread Starter
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

Gah I fell stupid, I've read you posting that at least 2 other times lol

"Farts are like a good bourbon, add a small touch of water to bring out the excellence."

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 01:47 AM
"resident smarty pants"

lol! .
Turd-250 likes this.

Mark
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARPs OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Balljoints;RACCCV6000;Updated HPOP fitting;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;plugs&standpipes;Fumo to;Harpooned;Quadzilla XZT Fuel Press;Blue spring;DashDAQ;PHP_FICM; RiffRaff boots;DCPower270A XP;Inverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;BPD WaterPump;SCT Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra w/ filter;SynchroMax
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 02:40 AM
PSN Veteran

Took the words out of my mouth once again bismic
bismic1 and Turd-250 like this.

07 CCSB 4x4 Lariat FX4 Bronze Metallic/Sage
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 02:47 PM
"resident smarty pants"

Just to add -

Crank w/ the key out using the starter solenoid wire:

Locate the wire to the starter solenoid (yellow with light blue striped colored wire adjacent to the passenger side battery in the engine compartment, near the vacuum pump - it has a "squeeze-and-pull" type connection) ..... you can unplug it and get it to reach the positive battery terminal and crank that way.

You don't want unneeded glow plug operation and definitely don't need the engine to try to start!

Video showing the use of this wire to crank:

Turd-250 likes this.

Mark
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

this is so much fun!

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 02:53 PM
"resident smarty pants"

Sorry to have left off the cranking details.
Turd-250 likes this.

Mark
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

i found a sweet DTR video!

bismic1 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode