Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

05 f350 truck will die while coming to a stop then have difficulty starting

848 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  bismic1 
#1 ·
Here's my story, I had injector 6 go down, had to drive it for a week till I could get another injector, changed it out, truck fired up and ran awesome again......for a couple days, then I was driving into a parking lot and the truck died, i cranked it over and it took a few tries to get it to fire, when it did it ran great. It did the same thing a couple of more times over the next couple days, each time was the same, I was coming to a stop and it would die. This morning I started my truck, it fired up good, after about ten minutes of warm up, it died and I couldn't get it to start up again for about 15 mins, i had it plugged in because it is getting below 0°c at night, the block heater and the glow plugs work just fine. I'm baffled as this has never happened until recently. Any help or in-site would be much appreciated

#7 ·
Watch ICP pressure (psi), ICP volts, and IPR % duty cycle. Be prepared to do an air test of the high pressure oil system.

Leaking (original) dummy plugs are the most common leak point in an 05+ engine. The original standpipes have been upgraded also. You will probably need to install both of these upgrades in both oil rails.

The STC fitting fails frequently also. You have to access the HPOP for this install. It is a bit more involved, but the thing with it is that sometimes it fails catastrophically and if it does, it can crack the rear cover. The upgraded one-piece fitting resolves this issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.