2006 6.0 Injector Spool valve no-start hot - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 12:48 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

2006 6.0 Injector Spool valve no-start hot

I have a 2006 6.0 that has the common no-start when hot problem. The truck recently had the headgaskets replaced, egr cooler, oil rail nipples cup seals, and all the associated gaskets with the head gasket. The truck was fine right after the head gasket replacement and didn’t have a hot start problem until about 200 miles afterward. I replaced the IPR since some extra air sounded like it was bypassing past it and the icp for oil contamination and it didn’t help. Air tested for an extended time cold and didn’t get anything until the truck ran to operating temp.
Found a leak at injector #1 on the passenger side bank, pulled the rail and replaced the injector seals on the whole bank isolated the oil rail on the side and tested it with 130# of shop air with no leaks. Put it all back together and still no start when hot except now the leaks was on the driver side🙄 Replaced those injector seals air tested and no leaks put the truck back together and still no start. For the record I’ve isolated the branch tubes and hpop and there’s no leaks there. Fast forward to today I made an air fitting to test each injector seals and I’ve found 3 that have significant amounts of air coming out of the vents. Does that mean the spool valve has failed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 04:48 PM
PSN Newb

Did you ever find the leak ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode