Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Ontario, Canada
Laundry list of small issues
So, Iíve had my Ď06 for about 6 months now and am picking away at the little issues that were obviously ignored by the previous owner. I have a couple of things that I wanted some input on before I go down the rabbit hole and spend time and money I donít need to. Diesel Dan (what my daughter has named it) is an Ď06 250 lariat
1. The horn. No bueno. Fuse is good, horn relay doesnít click. I havenít pulled the steering wheel apart as I havenít had time yet.
2. Door locks. Bought new key fobs and doing the standard key on / off doesnít work. Key pad on the door does.
3. Got a flat tire and found out I have TPMSí in them. Obviously something is out of sorts there.
4. The 4wd vacuum is spotty. All new hubs, no leaks that I can tell, replaced the solenoid on the right (passenger) side and with a gauge the vacuum starts to come up then drops off after 3 seconds or so. Both l/s solenoids are working. Switch on the dash works as I can hear the motor engage the transfer case.
5. The vacuum pump cycles every 7-10 seconds or so. I checked and the vacuum never really drops more than 3-4 in-hg just sitting at idle with nothing in use. If itís normal, then cool. Just seemed odd.
Any insight is appreciated. Iím planning a head swap / stud kit soon so I plan on tackling some of these while I have the truck apart.