Hot no start new to powerstroke - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Turd-250

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 01:06 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Hot no start new to powerstroke

Long story short I got a 07 with 180,000. about a month and a half ago I blew head gaskets and cracked a head. Took it in and ended up with
Head gaskets
Head studs
New head
New oils cooler
Stand pipes/dummy plugs
Injector o-rings
Hpop
Ipr
Glow plugs/harness
Oil pan gasket
Valve cover gaskets
Oil cooler
EGR delete
This was all done by ford.when I got it back home I turned it off,and would not restart. Now have hot no start. icp will get to about 350 ipr straight to 84. Did a air test at 150 psi can hear some air is this normal? When I turn on ipr the leak is gone. The only other odd thing I have is ficm will drop to about 43 at random until truck runs for a few then back to 48. But when I got it back from the dealership the batteries were dead and now have to replace them would that affect the ficm? And could the ficm cause this issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 01:24 AM
"resident smarty pants"

Re: Hot no start new to powerstroke

FICM dropping to 43 v means it is shot. Need to send it to FICMrepair.com. Low voltage will kill the FICM.

You will hear air leakage until you close the IPR valve. If you truly are getting less than 500 psig ICP pressure when cranking, then it will not start.

If you are sure there is no air leak, then maybe the IPR needs to be pulled and checked.

Mark
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARPs OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Balljoints;RACCCV6000;Updated HPOP fitting;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;plugs&standpipes;Fumo to;Harpooned;Quadzilla XZT Fuel Press;Blue spring;DashDAQ;PHP_FICM; RiffRaff boots;DCPower270A XP;Inverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;BPD WaterPump;SCT Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra w/ filter;SynchroMax
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 01:32 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Even if it's a new ipr? I will be ordering a new ficm tomorrow. It seems like a oil leak but can't hear any and everything that I know of that would leak is new. But again I am new to deisel so that is not saying alot

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 01:34 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I have pulled the ipr 3 different times thinking maybe pushing junk from all the work that had been done but screen looks good.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 02:47 AM
"resident smarty pants"

Yeah, new doesn't matter if the workers weren't clean. Looks like they were though.

Get the FICM resolved and then lets see what you have.

Mark
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARPs OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Balljoints;RACCCV6000;Updated HPOP fitting;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;plugs&standpipes;Fumo to;Harpooned;Quadzilla XZT Fuel Press;Blue spring;DashDAQ;PHP_FICM; RiffRaff boots;DCPower270A XP;Inverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;BPD WaterPump;SCT Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra w/ filter;SynchroMax
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Will get that here asap thanks.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 12:52 PM
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

if you have the time, see if you can talk to Ed at ficmrepair, or one of the guys, see if an Atlas ficm tune is for you. I got a rebuild from them with Atlas 40 and I love it.
Michael S King likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Farts are like a good bourbon, add a small touch of water to bring out the excellence."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode