New to diesel and have 6.0 ,and really need help - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

New to diesel and have 6.0 ,and really need help

Well as title says I’m a newbie, and got a 03 6.0. The truck always had an off idle mess, no other issues that I can tell. One day I was driving it with the kids and it started chugging real bad like the injectors were failing, drove a little further not even a quarter of a mile to get off of the road and it died. Started right back up like nothing ever happened had it towed back to my house and it’s been sitting in the same spot ever since. I sent it down to a mechanic and he did whatever test he did and said that I had all the injectors were bad standpipes and he told me the price so I brought it back home. Fastrak to right now I bought injectors I bought the delete kit , and have everything apart at the moment. The injectors are in the truck the oil rails are on the truck (log style) Valve covers are off oil cooler housing is off and I figured I would air test The H pop while I had everything open bought the tool and Tried to run the test and it didn’t really even hold anything. Air seem to be coming out of the drain back to for the turbo it was a little bit of hissing I’m kind of lost at this point I am pretty mechanical I have done motor and transmission’s but this has got me puzzled and lost. I’ve already spent a lot of money and probably going to have to spend more but I need some guidance from you guys if u can help. sorry for the long post , Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 07:59 PM
"resident smarty pants"

Re: New to diesel and have 6.0 ,and really need help

Where did you introduce the air?

Did you command the IPR closed?

If you did the air test correctly, then it just might be a bad HPOP.

Mark
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARPs OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Balljoints;RACCCV6000;Updated HPOP fitting;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;plugs&standpipes;Fumo to;Harpooned;Quadzilla XZT Fuel Press;Blue spring;DashDAQ;PHP_FICM; RiffRaff boots;DCPower270A XP;Inverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;BPD WaterPump;SCT Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra w/ filter;SynchroMax
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

i know its bad but i watched like 3 videos on you tube on how to do it,bought the gauge ,i prob did it wrong ,and yes i did introduce it to through the ipr. do you have any advice befor i just buy a new hpop ipr and icp sensor ,dont know what else to do

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 10:11 PM
"resident smarty pants"

If you removed the IPR valve and put air into the IPR opening then that is the best way to do the air test IMO. If you heard air and/or gurgling from the turbo drain, then the HPOP is bad.

IMO the DieselSite Adrenaline (stock output) HPOP is the best one available for the 03 and 04 model years, but it is expensive. A new IPR valve isn't a bad thing to spend money on if the one that you took out has been in there for awhile.

Did you see any particles or metal on the IPR valve screen?

I have to wonder if the injectors were really bad afterall .....

How many miles on the truck (I assume it is a truck)?

Mark
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARPs OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Balljoints;RACCCV6000;Updated HPOP fitting;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;plugs&standpipes;Fumo to;Harpooned;Quadzilla XZT Fuel Press;Blue spring;DashDAQ;PHP_FICM; RiffRaff boots;DCPower270A XP;Inverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;BPD WaterPump;SCT Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra w/ filter;SynchroMax
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

i bought the tool that screws into the ipr opening that has the gauge and ball valve ,and thats where i thought i was hearing it from .i put my finger over the hole and the sound changed ,i have age cover off now and i seen another video that someone put a blow gun to the top of the pump , and i had a small leak in the connector on the braided line on the oil rail side ,if i played with it i could get it to stop leaking .i don't know that the braided line is and want to order that as well. ipr screen is clean
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

03 f250 190,000 i was just changing what i was told to change .injectors might been good ,but the new ones are in already and waiting on the tool to remove the oil line off the stand pipes ,i bought all of the parts and everything is open might as well throw them in so i know they are new,hate to just throw parts at it but I need this truck back up.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 11:43 PM
"resident smarty pants"

If the original injectors had 190k miles, then it is time to change them IMO.

It seems that you have shown the HPOP to be bad also.

I definitely agree that you would be wise to get rid of the braided turbo hose.

You hould probably also install the upgraded fuel pressure regulator spring.

Mark
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 01:08 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

i have the fuel spring kit in my cart as well.once i get them in ill post up my results
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 12:01 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

well truck is still down everything is basically together ,but the god forsaken delete pipe is not letting the up pipes seal to the turbo correctly .it off slightly and it takes a lot of muscle to even get it close .shouldnt be this tight . every thing is loosely together .any pointers ,i tried the shimming , was thinking about grinding down the delete pipe .this is my first ford and I'm to the point i want to set it on fire, it has fought me every step of the way.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode