Dreaded no start - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Dreaded no start

Hello everyone. Recently picked up a nice 06 250. Well maintained, 2 owner with 195k. New to the diesel world but mechanically inclined. Did the usual rotella t6, new motorcraft oil & fuel filters, blue spring, coolant flush new rotella elc, egr delete. Truck has been running & driving great. Picked up a sct x4 & loaded the tow 50 tune, drove it around for a day. Uploaded the tow 65 the next morning & truck wouldn't fire. Returned it to stock & the same. Thought maybe it was the batteries (new in December) so pulled them both & charged overnight. Swapped them the next morning & still won't start. It had given me 0 issues, stated great cold or hot & now not at all. Volts are 12.5 koeo, ficm 48, ipr jumps to 85%, icp only goes up to 375psi. Rpms while cranking were around 200. Don't know if the sct or standpipes/dummy plugs have been addressed or not. The turbo lines have the 07 updates but no idea about the rest. Where do I need to start? I think the tuner is coincidental but maybe I'm wrong? Trying to research, seems it could be very minor or major. It's strange to me as it gave no signs at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 09:52 PM
"resident smarty pants"

Re: Dreaded no start

An air test would probably tell you where the leak is, but if it were me, I would have to know for sure if the STC fitting had been replaced, and if the dummy plugs had been updated!

Mark
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARPs OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Balljoints;RACCCV6000;Updated HPOP fitting;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;plugs&standpipes;Fumo to;Harpooned;Quadzilla XZT Fuel Press;Blue spring;DashDAQ;PHP_FICM; RiffRaff boots;DCPower270A XP;Inverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;BPD WaterPump;SCT Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra w/ filter;SynchroMax
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I hear that. Is it normal for that to cause a no start overnight? It had never had a hard start before.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 11:07 PM
"resident smarty pants"

It can. The STC fitting might behave that way more often than the dummy plugs though.

Is your oil filter cap an OEM cap?

Oil level good?

Mark
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARPs OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Balljoints;RACCCV6000;Updated HPOP fitting;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;plugs&standpipes;Fumo to;Harpooned;Quadzilla XZT Fuel Press;Blue spring;DashDAQ;PHP_FICM; RiffRaff boots;DCPower270A XP;Inverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;BPD WaterPump;SCT Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra w/ filter;SynchroMax
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Yes, motorcraft cap & the oil is good. Maybe 1000 miles on it. It's just strange it has given no signs of anything & just wouldn't start the next day.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 11:37 PM
"resident smarty pants"

It can also be an electrical issue w/ the IPR valve, but that isn't as common as the leaks.

Mark
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

When I got home this morning I tried to start it again. Same thing, batteries are a little weaker but the icp was in the 300's, when unplugged it showed 1350 but still no start. I have an ipr socket on the way so I guess pulling it is the next step.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 12:55 PM
"resident smarty pants"

I think it is more likely to be a leak.

Mark
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Unfortunately I do too. The ipr is just the next easiest thing. I hate to order a stc fitting & sp/dp before I look to see if it needs them. #### came out of no where though.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Decided to go ahead & start tearing it down. Got the everything out of the way for the stc fitting & it hasn't been changed. Ipr looked fine. Screen was intact with very little trash on it. Moved when I pushed on it. Went ahead & ordered stc kit, stand pipes/dummy plugs, & turbo oil line o rings. Hopefully that will take care of it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode