05 hiccup/stutter - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

05 hiccup/stutter

Howdy all,
05 F350, bottom line, the engine cuts-out for about a half second, completely randomly. So when at RPMs it's just a stutter, at idle it's a stall. After the cut-out, the injectors rattle, like a fresh start. Which component is the one that actually rattles the injectors?

Replaced the ICP sensor (it tested bad) ICP is good, replaced the cam position sensor. A bunch of other stuff is fresh, less than 10000 miles on HPOP, IPR, injectors. FICM voltages are good 13ish in 46.5 to 48 out. Fuel pressure 60lbs.

Any ideas?

Sent from my Moto Z2 using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 08:33 AM
"resident smarty pants"

Re: 05 hiccup/stutter

Do you have access to a known good FICM that you can try? They can fail and still have good voltages.

It would be nice to see ICP data and IPR, but it sounds more fuel related with what you have posted.

Mark
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARPs OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Balljoints;RACCCV6000;Updated HPOP fitting;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;plugs&standpipes;Fumo to;Harpooned;Quadzilla XZT Fuel Press;Blue spring;DashDAQ;PHP_FICM; RiffRaff boots;DCPower270A XP;Inverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;BPD WaterPump;SCT Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra w/ filter;SynchroMax
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bismic1 View Post
Do you have access to a known good FICM that you can try? They can fail and still have good voltages.

It would be nice to see ICP data and IPR, but it sounds more fuel related with what you have posted.
No other FICM to use, I'm leaning in that direction though. ICP reading on the SCT Livewire is idling around 600 and up in the 3000's at wot.
Last night I pulled The FICM which was replaced by a shop 5 years ago. All the tabs on the plugs are broken, and they had heater hose laid between the valve cover and FICM plugs to help hold them in. So probably a harness an maybe just upgrade the FICM anyway.

Thanks

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 08:07 PM
"resident smarty pants"

I believe you are on the right path!

Mark
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARPs OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Balljoints;RACCCV6000;Updated HPOP fitting;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;plugs&standpipes;Fumo to;Harpooned;Quadzilla XZT Fuel Press;Blue spring;DashDAQ;PHP_FICM; RiffRaff boots;DCPower270A XP;Inverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;BPD WaterPump;SCT Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra w/ filter;SynchroMax

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in