White smoke on start - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 01:55 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

White smoke on start

Recently my truck has been puffing white smoke for the first minute of driving it. I thought it was just condesation burning off but it puffs white smoke after i go into the store or at the gas station. If it sits for 10-15 minutes it will puff white smoke when i start the truck and when it idles there will be a slight haze of white smoke, when i pull outt on the road it will just blow white smoke like a train, eventually it will stop but it kind of has me worried... I cant check the egr valve yet cause i dont have the replacement gasket when i remove the valve. I unplugged the egr valve to see if it makes a difference in the smoke but it doesnt. Im new to diesels so i dont know whole lot about them yet.

Thanks for the replies!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 11:09 AM
"resident smarty pants"

Re: White smoke on start

Very well might be an injector or several injectors that are dumping fuel. Not something to let go for long.

Get something to read codes with. IMO downloading ForScan to a smartphone is a great option. You will need to buy an ELM327 OBDII adapter with that. Total cost is around $40.

Mark
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARPs OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Balljoints;RACCCV6000;Updated HPOP fitting;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;plugs&standpipes;Fumo to;Harpooned;Quadzilla XZT Fuel Press;Blue spring;DashDAQ;PHP_FICM; RiffRaff boots;DCPower270A XP;Inverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;BPD WaterPump;SCT Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra w/ filter;SynchroMax
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 08:41 AM
"resident smarty pants"

Re: White smoke on start

Did you get anything to read engine parameters with? I see you have other posts, but no response to this one.

Mark
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARPs OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Balljoints;RACCCV6000;Updated HPOP fitting;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;plugs&standpipes;Fumo to;Harpooned;Quadzilla XZT Fuel Press;Blue spring;DashDAQ;PHP_FICM; RiffRaff boots;DCPower270A XP;Inverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;BPD WaterPump;SCT Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra w/ filter;SynchroMax

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode