boost issue + codes 0236 and 0069 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 05:08 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

boost issue + codes 0236 and 0069

Hoping I can get a good idea of some things to check into. I'll try to be as detailed as possible.

Out of nowhere when I left work for my 8 minute drive home tonight my truck had no power/boost when taking off and then all of a sudden it would surge ahead, then power/boost would drop, then surge ahead again. Did this all the way home. I fired torque pro up and found codes P0236 and P0069. It's been quite awhile since I've scanned for any codes, so I'm not sure how long either have been in there. I've never had an engine issue in the 3 years I've owned the truck, it started and idled normal, and even though it was acting up on the way home, the check engine light never popped on.

I cleared the codes and shut the truck off for about 10 minutes, left the house to run to my in laws and leaving my neighborhood it did the same thing, so about a mile down the road I turned around to head back home. Before I got home it cleared up, so I drove it a bit close to home, it ran fine all of a sudden, so I proceeded to drive probably an hour or so and the trouble never returned.

Again the check engine light never came on, I scanned for codes again but this time P0236 is the only one that came back.

When I left the house, I let my torque app run so I could see what the FICM voltage looked like and it was fine. In doing some initial reading around, a little bit ago I went back out and checked the BARO, EBP, and MAP readings with the key on and engine off and they looked like this:

BARO: 14.1 PSI
EBP: 14.8 PSI
MAP: 14.4 PSI

It's late and dark, so I haven't dug too much more into it. Trying to get a list of things to check on tomorrow. Does that BARO reading seem like it's a problem? From what I've found online it should've been up around 14.7ish (checked our weather locally after getting the reading and it was like 14.663 PSI). Something else I was going to check was to make sure the hose to the MAP sensor is clear.

What else should I be looking for?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Re: boost issue + codes 0236 and 0069

Quick update. Ran normal this morning again. Just checked the MAP hose and it seemed clear of any obstruction. It does have this fitting that's been blocked off in line....any clue what it could've been for?

Didn't have a big enough socket to get the EBP sensor and tube off. Will have to check that when I get home

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 01:32 PM
PSN Veteran

Garage
Re: boost issue + codes 0236 and 0069

That looks like a tap for a boost gauge. Some people will use the MAP line since it's easy to get to rather than go for a more accurate and "timely" source like direct from the manifold. Either works, really.

Wish I had a clue about your issue. I really hate bugs which appear and seem to resolve themselves with no known cause.

2004 Excursion 6.0
New HPOP/HPO system o-rings; Updated standpipes and dummy plugs
EGR delete; Rebuilt oil cooler; CCV collection mod
VR Black Diamond head gaskets and ARP studs
Oil and coolant bypass filters; Shell EC-1 coolant
Rebuilt turbo; 250 amp alt; 6000 watts of brain scrambling
One giant 240 pound English Mastiff riding shotgun!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode