Leak Issue - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Leak Issue

I’m new to the 6.0 Powerstroke. I’ve had a few 6.4L so I apologize in advance is this has been asked a bunch. I recently purchased the truck and noticed there was an oil leak. I took it to my mechanic and found out the oil cooler was leaking. The oil cooler was replaced and oil chance completed. Now I’m finding a leak on what appears to be the front of the transmission but the oil is black. Hopefully you can see the pictures and let me know what might be the source of the leak.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 28700C35-27CD-4A49-8C70-E5396380D25F_1555699064170.jpeg (967.2 KB, 26 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 02:26 PM
PSN Veteran

Garage
Re: Leak Issue

Just about any leak on the top of the engine will wind up running down the valley to the back of the engine and then it will run down the front of the tranny, giving you what we see in the pic. It's possible the leak is gone and that is just residual oil making its way back, but you could have other leaks. Best way to find out is do a thorough degreasing and wait to see if any more oil appears up on top.

2004 Excursion 6.0
New HPOP/HPO system o-rings; Updated standpipes and dummy plugs
EGR delete; Rebuilt oil cooler; CCV collection mod
VR Black Diamond head gaskets and ARP studs
Oil and coolant bypass filters; Shell EC-1 coolant
Rebuilt turbo; 250 amp alt; 6000 watts of brain scrambling
One giant 240 pound English Mastiff riding shotgun!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode