Blankety blank neighbor... Antifreeze in oil.. - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 03:57 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Blankety blank neighbor... Antifreeze in oil..

So my neighbor decided to come over and see what the blank I was doing. Fine, Fine, Iíll humor you. Out of no where he bumps the heater hose I have tucked up out of the way and some residual antifreeze bleeds into the passenger head....

How much? Iím thinking half a cup maybe a cup. Can I just drain the fresh oil I just put in and be ok? If this was a gas engine Iíd drain and go on with my life. Since Iím new to Dieselís I figure itís best to ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2003 Excursion EB 6.0 PSD: BPD Oil Cooler, Water Pump, 7.3 fan adapter: Adrenaline Stock HPOP: APR Head Studs (One at a time): KC Turbo Billet Compressor: EGR Delete: Sinister Coolant Filter & Regulated Fuel Return: '08+ Oil Pan/Filter: SCT LiveWire TS+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 11:16 AM
PSN intsigator

Re: Blankety blank neighbor... Antifreeze in oil..

If it were mine, I would drain the oil, and pour some new oil down the spot where the coolant was spilled, let that drain. Fill her back full and so nothin else but give that neighbor distance he can't cross when there is an open engine.

96 F350 rclb drw 2wd psd (built not bought)
01 Excursion Limited 4wd psd (the wifes ride)
02 F350 cclb drw 4wd psd (the land yacht)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 12:00 PM
"resident smarty pants"

1 cup is 1/16 of a gallon. The entire oil system is around 18 (edited - quarts - thanks masakimm). If it is fully mixed, it would be at 1.35%.

I like the suggestion above. After it is all back together and has been run a bit, you could do an early oil change if you were worried about it.

Mark
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARPs OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Balljoints;RACCCV6000;Updated HPOP fitting;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;plugs&standpipes;Fumo to;Harpooned;Quadzilla XZT Fuel Press;Blue spring;DashDAQ;PHP_FICM; RiffRaff boots;DCPower270A XP;Inverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;BPD WaterPump;SCT Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra w/ filter;SynchroMax

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 02:00 PM
Native Texan

Garage

Uhmm 18 gallon maybe 18 quarts. but no just drain it out you will be fine. Antifreeze gets into blocks all the time That's why I take the drain plug out and leave it out till the motor is buttoned up.

Give it to Mikey. He won't eat it he hates everything. Hey Mikey!! He Likes It.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Upgrades:
|Bellowed UpPipes|160CC Injectors|Adrenaline HPOP|Rebuilt Turbo 360 Bearing|Custom E-Fuel|Manual to Auto Conversion
|Delete Pedestal|3" Down Pipe 4" Exhaust|Dual Tensioner and Belt|Stainless Steel HPX Crossover|Custom Banks InterCooler
|42 Gal Rear Tank 35 Gal Front Tank |DP Infinity Tuner
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 02:15 PM
"resident smarty pants"

Quote:
Originally Posted by masakimm View Post
Uhmm 18 gallon maybe 18 quarts. but no just drain it out you will be fine. Antifreeze gets into blocks all the time That's why I take the drain plug out and leave it out till the motor is buttoned up.

Give it to Mikey. He won't eat it he hates everything. Hey Mikey!! He Likes It.
Oh shoot - I was still asleep!! Thanks - pretty embarrassed over that one!! Definitely 18 qts!

Mark
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARPs OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Balljoints;RACCCV6000;Updated HPOP fitting;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;plugs&standpipes;Fumo to;Harpooned;Quadzilla XZT Fuel Press;Blue spring;DashDAQ;PHP_FICM; RiffRaff boots;DCPower270A XP;Inverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;BPD WaterPump;SCT Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra w/ filter;SynchroMax
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Ok didnít get junk so but then you read about the glycol affecting bearings, and blah, Blah, blah. Its like reading webmd. It just makes you nervous.

Plus Iím not used to the 5 gallon of oil thing yet.

2003 Excursion EB 6.0 PSD: BPD Oil Cooler, Water Pump, 7.3 fan adapter: Adrenaline Stock HPOP: APR Head Studs (One at a time): KC Turbo Billet Compressor: EGR Delete: Sinister Coolant Filter & Regulated Fuel Return: '08+ Oil Pan/Filter: SCT LiveWire TS+
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 03:33 PM
Native Texan

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tte531 View Post
Ok didnít get junk so but then you read about the glycol affecting bearings, and blah, Blah, blah. Its like reading webmd. It just makes you nervous.

Plus Iím not used to the 5 gallon of oil thing yet.

Thats only if u run it with alot of antifreeze in the pan and make a milk shake out of ur oil. Now antifreeze in a transmission then be afraid very afraid.

Upgrades:
|Bellowed UpPipes|160CC Injectors|Adrenaline HPOP|Rebuilt Turbo 360 Bearing|Custom E-Fuel|Manual to Auto Conversion
|Delete Pedestal|3" Down Pipe 4" Exhaust|Dual Tensioner and Belt|Stainless Steel HPX Crossover|Custom Banks InterCooler
|42 Gal Rear Tank 35 Gal Front Tank |DP Infinity Tuner
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 05:35 PM
PSN intsigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by masakimm View Post
Thats only if u run it with alot of antifreeze in the pan and make a milk shake out of ur oil. Now antifreeze in a transmission then be afraid very afraid.
Yep, what Mikey said

96 F350 rclb drw 2wd psd (built not bought)
01 Excursion Limited 4wd psd (the wifes ride)
02 F350 cclb drw 4wd psd (the land yacht)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode