6 Leaker Living Up To It's Name - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

6 Leaker Living Up To It's Name

Seeing if anyone has ever run into this problem before. Live in the Northeast where it's been rather cold the past week. My truck sat in the driveway for an entire day and half. When I went to work I noticed a pretty big puddle (looked like water at 5am) under the bell housing. We just got a bunch of snow so I figured it was just melting. Anyway got home later that afternoon and the stain was still in the driveway. After further testing (finger to puddle & smelled. Wasn't satisfied so finger back to puddle to mouth) and yes it's fuel. It's leaking down the back of the motor onto the bell housing, as well as down the front onto the drag link area. But can't seem to find where the hell it's coming from! I previously had the regulator leak and fixed. That gave me a strong diesel smell in the cab. This one no smell in the cab, blowing through tanks of fuel and terrible mileage. It's colder than you know what outside so any pointers to speed this up would be greatly appreciated!

2006 F-350 CC Lariat Short Bed
XDP EGR Delete
XDP Coolant Filter Kit
Banks Monster Dual's Straight Piped
Banks Ram Air CAI
Blue Spring Update
SCT X4 With Innovative & Looney Tunes
ARP Studded
BPD 48v FICM
6" Skyjacker Lift
35x12.50's on 20's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 01:00 PM
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

Re: 6 Leaker Living Up To It's Name

good morning!
other than the obvious around the secondary filter housing and FPR, there's teh banjo bolts on each head. and I want to say there's plugs on the backs of the heads as well.
anyway, looking forward to a god diagnosis and easy solution for you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Farts are like a good bourbon, add a small touch of water to bring out the excellence."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode