Isles rough no power and dies - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 11:37 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Isles rough no power and dies

Hey everyone I’m new to this site on diesels for about 15 years 73 before this one the truck has been broke down for six months and into thee mechanic shops none of which are good with diesel tho I have put a lot of money into this truck watching videos of same symptoms replacing this and that the parts that are not bad kind a need some more insight on the situation if someone could please help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 11:42 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

sorry phone is being stupid this truck is a 6.0 my old one was a 7.3 so I know my way around them but this one has me stumped
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 11:48 PM
PSN Veteran

OK what’s wrong with it?

07 CCSB 4x4 Lariat FX4 Bronze Metallic/Sage
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 12:09 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

It cranks And isles but rough it has no throttle response I can floor it and it takes a good min to build up it will make it to about 3500 rpm and fall on its nose like it lost fuel takes forever to crank it back but If u leave it alone in bout ten min it will crank rite up and have same symptoms
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 12:34 AM
PSN Veteran

What are things you have already checked? You may have a high pressure oil leak and/or fuel delivery issue

Are there any codes?

07 CCSB 4x4 Lariat FX4 Bronze Metallic/Sage
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 01:04 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Only code I am aware of is for #3 injector
I have drained all the fuel and flushed system twice
New pickup tube and screen
New fuel pump
New batteries
New alternator
New ficm
New cam sensor
New crank sensor
New ipc
I’ve checked the relays and the ficm
I pulled the cat off so it is now straight pipe and I’ve checked my intake tubes and canister housing for cracks I put a temp hose in f gal of fuel to the fuel pump and still no changes
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 11:46 AM
"resident smarty pants"

Re: Isles rough no power and dies

Just like the 7.3L, your injectors fire off of high pressure oil. You need to monitor the high pressure oil system pressure. We will also need to see some other engine parameters when running and when cranking.

Also, you need to tell us what year truck it is. If it is an 04, you need to tell us where the ICP sensor is.

For a monitor, you can get a scangaugeII already programmed for our trucks, DieselTechRon has a video out on using them. You can also get a smartphone app and an OBDII ELM327 adapter. I like Torque Pro or ForScan Lite and I like the BAFX adapters. Use a WiFi adapter if you have an i-phone and a Bluetooth adapter if you have Android. Download the app to your phone and get going. You HAVE TO HAVE a monitor or you will continue to throw money and parts at it.

When you get the monitor, we need to see ICP voltage and ICP pressure, and IPR % duty cycle - with KOEO, when cranking, and at cold and hot idle.

In the meantime, you can do some searches for DieselTechRon videos on doing an air test of the high pressure oil system.

It would also help us to know what oil you are using, what oil and fuel filters you use, whether or not your oil filter cap is OEM, how old the oil is, and whether or not you are low or high on the dipstick.

Another test that may be helpful is the bubble test (fuel), since you apparently have at least one injector issue.

Eventually, you need to consider adding on a fuel pressure sensor and gauge. Low fuel pressure can damage expensive injectors. You can have low fuel pressure from a bad regulator (ie your new fuel pump may not be getting the pressure you need to the injectors). In fact, International and Ford sell an updated spring for the fuel pressure regulator because the OEM spring weakened and couldn't properly hold an adequate pressure. I think you can wait a while on this gauge though, it seems more like a HPO issue at this point.

Mark
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARPs OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Balljoints;RACCCV6000;Updated HPOP fitting;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;plugs&standpipes;Fumo to;Harpooned;Quadzilla XZT Fuel Press;Blue spring;DashDAQ;PHP_FICM; RiffRaff boots;DCPower270A XP;Inverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;BPD WaterPump;SCT Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra w/ filter;SynchroMax

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode