What to replace with new A/C compressor? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

What to replace with new A/C compressor?

Hi. 2005 F-250 6.0, 115,000 miles. A/C was not blowing cold so I opened up the system and found the orifice clogged with debris. I'm going to replace the compressor, accumulator, and orifice. I've read a couple reports that suggest the condensor should be replaced because it cannot be adequately flushed. My plan is to flush the evaporator, condenser, and lines really good when I take the system apart. Reassemble with new compressor, acccumulator, and orifice, draw the vacuum and recharge. Is that good enough? I want to do this right and not have to repeat. What do you think? Is it worth replacing the condenser or is that overkill? And same question with the evaporator. Thanks.

2005 F-250 4x4 Powerstroke, Delo red coolant, coolant filter, Bulletproof EGR, Blue Spring, no muffler, Edge Insight CTS, leveling kit, TAD-185 alternator
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Re: What to replace with new A/C compressor?

Hi. Another question. I live in SoCal and travel a lot to Baja during the summer with extreme dry heat. I read somewhere that the orifices come in different sizes and can be selected to work better in my conditions than the factory standard orifice that may be sized for the average conditions most people encounter. Have you heard this before? Thanks.

2005 F-250 4x4 Powerstroke, Delo red coolant, coolant filter, Bulletproof EGR, Blue Spring, no muffler, Edge Insight CTS, leveling kit, TAD-185 alternator
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 11:41 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: What to replace with new A/C compressor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb0650 View Post
Hi. Another question. I live in SoCal and travel a lot to Baja during the summer with extreme dry heat. I read somewhere that the orifices come in different sizes and can be selected to work better in my conditions than the factory standard orifice that may be sized for the average conditions most people encounter. Have you heard this before? Thanks.

I believe there is a Orange or Red colored orifice tube thatís for extreme heat . A competent parts man should be able to look it up . I might could find it if you need it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode