Tcc locking up? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 04:13 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Tcc locking up?

Hello everyone. I've been working on this one for a while now and am stumped. Just looking for any help. 03 with 137k miles. Two months ago the transmission was having issues so I had it rebuilt by a shop. When done, I drove it for about a week and it puked it's trans fluid all over the ground. So, back to the shop. They called and said the transmission had some power going through it as it welded the transmission pump and welded the torque converter to the input shaft. That was fixed and I drove the truck home. The next day, I fired it up and drove it to work. On the way, it was bogging and bucking at stoplights. Like the torque converter was locking up on it's own at idle. Also felt like missing and down on power. I replaced the ficm with a reman and also did a new injector harness. No change. The truck starts and runs like nothing is wrong, but as soon as you put it in reverse or forward, even manual 1, the torque converter locks and it kills the truck (It feels and looks like the engine is under a huge load). I've cleaned the PCM and transmission harness connectors with no luck. Could it be a bad PCM?

It also has an issue where it drains the batteries after a week. Sometimes less. And the speedometer goes crazy if I pull the abs fuse. The speedo will follow the tach as the rpms climb. Less so when the headlights are on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 11:08 AM
PSN Veteran

It is probably stalling because of low transmission line pressure. Check it with a gauge. Unlikely it’s the tcc itself. You need a new trans shop that one isn’t working for you.

Shoot me a PM if you’re looking for a different builder.

07 CCSB 4x4 Lariat FX4 Bronze Metallic/Sage
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode