Stumped - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Stumped

I have an 03 F350. Installed new FICM, replaced 3 injectors, fixed my FICM and injector harnesses, changed fuel and oil filters. Truck has been running great, no issues at all. Last week driving home I had a momentary power loss, the engine was still running. No codes at all. Fuel pressure is around 60 psi. All work that I did was last month. I'm not sure if its ICP, IPR or TPS. Does anybody have any ideas. When it does this, my pedal is dead for a few seconds. Also the turbo whine disappears and it's just straight turbo. Only lights that come on are Water in fuel light and Glow plug light for a second. Loss of power.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 03:20 PM
Kenner, LA

Re: Stumped

Id be suspecting the throttle pedal

2002 F250 7.3/auto
2003 F350 DRW 6.0/auto
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 09:27 PM
PSN Veteran

You need to give far more data than what you posted for us to help you.

07 CCSB 4x4 Lariat FX4 Bronze Metallic/Sage
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-24-2018, 01:47 PM
"resident smarty pants"

Re: Stumped

Sounds more like a sticking turbo to me, but as Matthewd11 posted, more information is needed.

First, what are you reading codes with? Not all code readers read 6.0L codes well.

I would also resolve the WIF light and glow plug lights first. They may be indications of electrical issues that could also be causing other issues. Or, you could also have corrosion and/or plugging in the HFCM.

Mark
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARPs OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Balljoints;RACCCV6000;Updated HPOP fitting;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;plugs&standpipes;Fumo to;Harpooned;Quadzilla XZT Fuel Press;Blue spring;DashDAQ;PHP_FICM; RiffRaff boots;DCPower270A XP;Inverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;BPD WaterPump;SCT Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra w/ filter;SynchroMax

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode