Running problem. Help please - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Running problem. Help please

Late 04 f250 cc . The truck makes strange noise while running at lower rpms . Sounds almost like injector clatter and it lasts for only a second. I can't post videos and it's hard to explain. Can someone with more post please copy paste my video for me please. My you tune account is the same name Johnny mcg and the video is titled "late 2004 Ford 6.0 running and idle issue" thank you for any help. I no love from another forum.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Re: Running problem. Help please

Also the sound seems to happen at random times but happens over and over so I have not gotten to drive my baby in a month now. I have not found any video or forum that seems to have the same issue. Please ask questions. I am not too good at explaining things.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 06:47 PM
Trust me, I got this...

Garage

I listened to the video, and honestly I'm having a tough time trying to hear anything abnormal. Does it drive or perform any differently now that you hear the sound sometimes?

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Shoulda bought a Cummins.

1997 F250 7.3L XLT, 4x4, 5spd, 315K, TS chip, BD Turbo-Thruster II, Donaldson 6637 filter, 4" straight piped dual exit SOLD

1995 F350 CCLB 6.0L WIP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Yes when the clicking buzzing or clatter happens the truck barely responds to throttle and it seems like the rpms drop a bit, but only during the sound. I had to turn my volume up to hear it. I'll try and see if I record from the cab if it is more noticeable.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 07:50 PM

As stated over on the .org you need to have a monitor. We wonít be able to help much without it. You can check out the link that heavy_gd posted and do some reading. Also google superduty diagnosis on cheap. That thread is also on the .org and will tell you what you can use to monitor and do some test and pull codes.

01 f-250, Standard
Rev tech 4" lift, 37" military wrangler Mt tires
KC diy 66, Full force 160/100 and custom tunes from PHP
Banks intercooler and full 4" exhaust, Diy S&B intake
Diy quad feed, Hydra, Isspro boost, pyro, and fuel pressure
3/0 battery cables with military style terminals
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I have torque and I have auto enginuity.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 12:22 PM

So what are your numbers before and after this happens? Check icp voltage, ipr, ficm voltage and a few other. Iím no 6.0 guy.

01 f-250, Standard
Rev tech 4" lift, 37" military wrangler Mt tires
KC diy 66, Full force 160/100 and custom tunes from PHP
Banks intercooler and full 4" exhaust, Diy S&B intake
Diy quad feed, Hydra, Isspro boost, pyro, and fuel pressure
3/0 battery cables with military style terminals
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 03:00 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

This is late but in case someone has a similar issue. What was wrong with my truck was the fuel pump was failing on me. New pump and all has been good.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 12:00 PM
"resident smarty pants"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbluke55 View Post
So what are your numbers before and after this happens? Check icp voltage, ipr, ficm voltage and a few other. I’m no 6.0 guy.
I am not sure WHY people refuse to post numbers - especially when they have a scan device! If you are asked for numbers and don't give them ..... well of course you will "get no love".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny McG View Post
This is late but in case someone has a similar issue. What was wrong with my truck was the fuel pump was failing on me. New pump and all has been good.

I realize that a typical scan tool isn't going to pinpoint a weak fuel pump, but you (the average owner that doesn't have shop level diagnostic equipment) get there by process of elimination of other issues. No mechanic is going to take your description and tell you to change the fuel pump.

Anyway - this is a good thread to use for emphasizing the need for ALL 6.0L's to have a fuel pressure gauge.

Glad you got it fixed. My fuel pump went out on me last week ..... immediately picked it up w/ the fuel pressure gauge. For me, pressure was fine at normal driving, just dropped too low at hard accelerations.

Mark
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARPs OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Balljoints;RACCCV6000;Updated HPOP fitting;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;plugs&standpipes;Fumo to;Harpooned;Quadzilla XZT Fuel Press;Blue spring;DashDAQ;PHP_FICM; RiffRaff boots;DCPower270A XP;Inverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;BPD WaterPump;SCT Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra w/ filter;SynchroMax

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode