EGR deleted - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2018, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

EGR deleted

I have an 05 that has the EGR valve and cooler deleted. On my SCT X4 I have the EGR turned off, but if I check for codes, PO403 and PO405 always show backup. The CEL never comes on, just shows up on the tuner. Is this normal for the codes to still be showing on the SCT?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2018, 05:37 PM
Train Whistlin' Ex driver

Garage
Re: EGR deleted

So far as I understand it the tune does suppress the codes, it just keeps the CEL from showing due to those codes (still comes on from other issues?). Mine has the cooler deleted, but the valve remains and I will occasionally get the P0401 "insufficient flow" code but no CEL.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2018, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I kind of figured that so I thought I would get some other opinions. Thanks

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2018, 09:39 PM
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

do you still have the valve? you could try plugging it in and hanging it out of the way to see if it clears the codes. a lot of people do that from what i understand

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Farts are like a good bourbon, add a small touch of water to bring out the excellence."
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-27-2018, 06:28 PM
Train Whistlin' Ex driver

Garage

So I meant to say "does not supress the code" meaning of course that the scanner will pick it up, it just won't throw the CEL. But it seems like you guys got what I was saying, despite my inability to proofread! Turd has a good suggestion, and I wonder if you could go through the pinpoint test and jumper the wires that are lacking the supply voltage from the valve without causing tremendous downstream issues? Probably not worth doing since the tune accounts for the valve being removed.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-27-2018, 08:02 PM
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

i'm sure its possible! seems like they do something similar like a jumper on the duramaxes when they build them, only they called it a 'fooler' or something...

"Farts are like a good bourbon, add a small touch of water to bring out the excellence."
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-27-2018, 08:05 PM
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

by the way, i've heard people call codes that don't throw the CEL either 'soft' or 'pending' codes. i think that's what you've got

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode