False ICP and IPV readings - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

False ICP and IPV readings

Hey guys, Iíve read several dozens of threads over the last few days. Nothing that Iíve found is really relevant to my symptoms. So here goes...

After replacing the front cover, LPOP, bed plate seals, and getting it all back together I couldnít get my truck to start. I ended up holding the oil filter drain valve closed and filling the HPOP reservoir through the filter stand pipe. When the oil level equalized i installed the filter and gave it one last opportunity to start. After a few seconds of cranking it started! It ran for a few seconds then died. It has done this now multiple times with the longest run time about 45 seconds. It would just idle down and die like you turned the fuel off, not like turning the key off. Hope that makes sense. A few times while running the ICP would go to 550-600 then surge back up to 1400-1500 instead of dying. Then my batteries went dead so I charged them and now it will not start. Now ICP climbs to 1400-1500 and ICPv goes to 1.63 IPR duty cycle at 39.1 but it just cranks without starting. All of the numbers are right as far as I can tell. Iím stumped .

Would this be a fuel problem, electrical problem, or an oil pressure problem? After my batteries charge a little I can post video of the scan gauge if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 07:39 PM
"resident smarty pants"

Re: False ICP and IPV readings

When you can, please post (cranking) Sync, FICM Sync, FICM LPower, FICM MPower, rpms when you get a chance.

Mark
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARPs OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Balljoints;RACCCV6000;Updated HPOP fitting;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;plugs&standpipes;Fumo to;Harpooned;Quadzilla XZT Fuel Press;Blue spring;DashDAQ;PHP_FICM; RiffRaff boots;DCPower270A XP;Inverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;BPD WaterPump;SCT Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra w/ filter;SynchroMax
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bismic1 View Post
When you can, please post (cranking) Sync, FICM Sync, FICM LPower, FICM MPower, rpms when you get a chance.

It wouldnít allow a video so here are screen shots of different times in the video. Earlier today I did have sync. I changed that to ICP so Iím not sure when the sync stopped.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 11:10 PM
PSN Veteran

If that first pid is ficm sync it’s staying at 0. That is likey your issue. Check for proper cam and crank signals.

07 CCSB 4x4 Lariat FX4 Bronze Metallic/Sage
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 11:19 PM
"resident smarty pants"

Yeah, we need to see both Cam/Crank sync and FICM sync. Also need to see rpms when cranking (especially when there is some doubt about sync).

9.5V LPower when cranking is low.

Mark
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARPs OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Balljoints;RACCCV6000;Updated HPOP fitting;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;plugs&standpipes;Fumo to;Harpooned;Quadzilla XZT Fuel Press;Blue spring;DashDAQ;PHP_FICM; RiffRaff boots;DCPower270A XP;Inverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;BPD WaterPump;SCT Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra w/ filter;SynchroMax
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 11:24 PM
"resident smarty pants"

SYC is typically Cam/Crank sync and FSN is FICM Sync in scangauge language. We just need to know for sure!

Mark
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 11:29 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

This morning the ficm sync was a 1 and thatís when it would start and run. Now itís a zero and wonít fire up. I canít find the scan gauge parameters for the cam/crank sync. I will charge the batteries overnight and report back tomorrow.

Is it possible that the low batteries would cause it to not have the ficm sync and the low ficm logic voltage?

P.S. My wife just reminded me that before I repaired the oil leak and all the other stuff it was occasionally hard or long start. And actually died once while idling. Maybe that will help, I dont know.

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 11:39 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
SYC is typically Cam/Crank sync and FSN is FICM Sync in scangauge language. We just need to know for sure!

Ok. I will look that one up. And Iíll let you know. Thanks!

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-21-2018, 12:16 AM
"resident smarty pants"

Camshaft & Crankshaft in sync (1 = in sync, 0 = not in sync)
TXD: 07E02209CD
RXF: 0462050906CD
RXD: 3701
MTH: 000100010000
NAM: SYC

FICM SYNC
RXD: 3601
NAM: FSN (0=no or 1=yes)

Mark
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-21-2018, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

False ICP and IPV readings

Quote:
Camshaft & Crankshaft in sync (1 = in sync, 0 = not in sync)
RXD: 3701
NAM: SYC

FICM SYNC
RXD: 3601
NAM: FSN (0=no or 1=yes)

Ok. I got it programmed and hereís some pictures. First one is while cranking. Second one it started and ran for a good 20 seconds. Third and fourth are while running after a third start. I wish I could post the videos. Itís doing about 300-400 rpm while cranking.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode