07 6.0 Extreme street tune transmission moan. - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

07 6.0 Extreme street tune transmission moan.

I recently bought a 07 E-350 van for work and after reading on how they define them from the factory and all the horror stories associated with thease things. I decided to treat myself and invest in a sct livewire from innovative diesel. Bought the custom tunes to improve power and economy. Of course the extreme street is my favorite. However I noticed when cruising in 6th gear my transmission seems to make a moaning sound. Or almost the sound of cermic dinner plates rubbing together. Now I dont have much experience with automatics. But I know these transmissions are supposed to be pretty strong stock. And I bought it from original owner at 210k miles. The van is clean and well cared for. It drives great except that damn tune keeps making it act up. When I drive it hard it dosent make the noise (cant hear #### with all that exhaust noise lol) but like I said when just touching the throttle trying to sip fuel on a stretch of road or up a slight hill it just makes that sound. And it doesnt feel like it's doing my transmission any favors. And while it's happening it gets worse if I ease into the throttle. So I eaother have to let off and get into the throttle again or mash it and really change up the speed/revs. I dont understand why it's doing it. But if I switch the tunes to street or tow it dosent happen. I tried emailing Innovative diesel and they said it might be corrupted file. But I have not heard back from them. Does anyone know what it could be? Thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 05:21 PM
PSN Veteran

Are you 100% sure it’s from the trans and not the rear end? IMO their tunes suck I tried them with several revisions did not like them at all.

07 CCSB 4x4 Lariat FX4 Bronze Metallic/Sage
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Yeah I am pretty positive it's my transmission. And what did you not like about innovatives tunes?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 06:11 PM
PSN Veteran

Mostly the transmission shift patterns specifically converter lock up strategy. Engine tune had a bad light switch effect for throttle input vs power they could not get rid of either

07 CCSB 4x4 Lariat FX4 Bronze Metallic/Sage
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 11:45 PM
PSN Newb

Re: 07 6.0 Extreme street tune transmission moan.

Are you sure itís not turbo pedestal droan. I have 05 F350 that I have same tunes and it has a pedestal droan under certain conditions. Actually did it stock as well. Do some internet searching good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode