03 6.0 truck stalled..crank no start - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 01:12 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

03 6.0 truck stalled..crank no start

Well "Nation" back at it again after a year almost to the day. Another hpop, 2nd reman aftermarket!! First aftermarket went almost 1 1/2 yrs. 2nd went almost a 1 yr. Motorcraft reman this time Auto Value the 1st time . And another new icp sensor both which were Ford parts. And 8 Bosch injectors. I find myself driving down the road and truck stalls....😠 a crank no start issues lurks back again. The only thing that has been different is I noticed the gauge cluster is fritzing ocassionally. So other than my fit of rage on this truck, I had it towed and has been sitting in the barn. With frustration over ruling my need to somewhat diagnose this hunk of 💩 6.0. I wanted to ask if the gauge cluster fritzing would have any issue with the truck stalling and a crank no start issue emerging. Thanks again for the amount of knowledge on this forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 02:16 AM
"resident smarty pants"

Re: 03 6.0 truck stalled..crank no start

The instrument cluster could be responsible for a crank no-start.

Pull codes with a quality code reader and try to monitor the vreference voltage when cranking.

So will low battery voltage.

I am not a big fan of OEM HPOP's. The only ones I would consider would be the Adrenaline pump and the upgraded one from CNCFab.

Mark
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARPs OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Balljoints;RACCCV6000;Updated HPOP fitting;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;plugs&standpipes;Fumo to;Harpooned;Quadzilla XZT Fuel Press;Blue spring;DashDAQ;PHP_FICM; RiffRaff boots;DCPower270A XP;Inverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;BPD WaterPump;SCT Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra w/ filter;SynchroMax
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 01:26 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Thanks..I will put it in my memory bank for when I talk to the Ford tech in the morning for some Q&A they have the truck.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 02:30 AM
"resident smarty pants"

Let me qualify an earlier post - I am not a big fan of the 03 and 04 HPOP's. The 05 and up OEM HPOPs are reliable pumps.

Mark
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARPs OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Balljoints;RACCCV6000;Updated HPOP fitting;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;plugs&standpipes;Fumo to;Harpooned;Quadzilla XZT Fuel Press;Blue spring;DashDAQ;PHP_FICM; RiffRaff boots;DCPower270A XP;Inverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;BPD WaterPump;SCT Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra w/ filter;SynchroMax
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Obviously without photos at the moment. What is this truck worth? I can't afford these trucks. My diesel knowledge is dangerous to say the least. It's an 03 f 250 crewcab 4x4 xlt. It is bone stock except for the egr delete that was done to it a while back. Just had new hpop (motorcraft)all the gaskets and seals, (motorcraft)from the removal and the replacement of the intake to replace hpop and I believe it's called injection pipe coming from the hpop? New icp and harness, ipr. truck has 189 k on it. It has the typical Ford from southern lower Michigan rust.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 10:54 PM
CAT lover

3500-5500 by me with the same miles and rust

96 F250 RCFB 4x4 7.3
96 f350 CCLB Dually ZF5, custom flatbed, Gregio Medio Lamborghini paint, 3" dp 4" MBRP exhaust
95 F250 RCLB 7.3 4x4 conversion with 5" Sky RSK, D60 front, 18" American Racing, 35" Nittos, DIY SD intercooler, Melling LPOP, DIY 6637, Baby Swamps with TS6 and Swamps tunes, boost pyro trans

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

05 F350 RCLB Dually SOLD

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode