Gauge failure and no power to HCMF - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 04:29 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Gauge failure and no power to HCMF

This is going to be a question for the experienced guys.

My 06 Harley started to have gauge issues, slowly starting to fail and get worse. To the point they only turn on half the time. Meaning no windows etc.

Then a few weeks ago I went to start my truck to go for lunch, cranked over. Would fire for a sec and die. Played with it for as long as I could bare in a parking lot before just jumping power to the fuel pump. I now have an in line fuse and switch to turn it on and off, the truck runs fine now. Other than if the gauges don’t turn on with the truck. It’ll go into limp mode, I’ll have to pay with the gauges to get them to turn on. Then my tow haul will be flashing. I’ll have to cycle that. And then it will begin to run fine again, it’ll make 3 horn honks as I take off and all is fine, Until I shut it off and it starts all over again. Yes I’ve followed the loom up to the inertia switch etc etc.. it’s not my fuel filters. It’s not my FICM, I get injector clatter when I cycle. It’s throwing like 14 pcm codes. However all the 6.0 guys I’ve asked say the pcm never fails and don’t believe that is it. Could it just be my gauges starting to really #### the bed? I’m having them sent out to be rebuilt.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode