uneven crank after top end rebuild - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 03:06 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

uneven crank after top end rebuild

Engine has been out for a top end rebuild. 2005. It got new KDD heads, lifters, 6.4 pushrods, studs, all new front drive items, oil cooler, bpd egr cooler, front/rear main, lpop. I've got an uneven crank. The cranks lowers in pitch, does not rise in pitch like a loss of compression. I put new o-rings and crush washers on the injectors, and all the hold-downs were torqued to 26 ft/lbs. The bottom end and bedplate were untouched. I put the crank dowel at 6 oclock before putting on the rockers and torquing the heads. The pushrods were seated in the lifters and the rockers. The slowing down of the crank makes me hope it's an injector leaking down. The engine runs absolutely fantastic and smooth as can be. No popping. No codes. The crank is the same cold or warm. I installed a 6.7 starter so it's harder to pickup on once it has ran because it spins so fast. Anyone seen an uneven crank after major surgery that may have an idea?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 03:20 AM
Trust me, I got this...

Garage
Re: uneven crank after top end rebuild

If it runs flawlessly I don't really see an issue.

Shoulda bought a Cummins.

1997 F250 7.3L XLT, 4x4, 5spd, 315K, TS chip, BD Turbo-Thruster II, Donaldson 6637 filter, 4" straight piped dual exit SOLD

1995 F350 CCLB 6.0L WIP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 04:21 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

perhaps. just sucks doing everything with the best parts and by the book and still finding a way to mess it up. it runs great, but it could also be the compensator doing it's thing. i guess i'll pay the specialty shop to hook it up to the IDS for a cylinder contribution test and go under valve cover and see if anything stands out.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 04:41 AM
Trust me, I got this...

Garage

If anything was broken or bent or whatever, you would be able to hear it. Contribution test won't tell you much if its not miss firing or dumping un-burnt fuel out the exhaust. Maybe you could post a video of what you're hearing? I think I know what you're talking about, and I don't believe its anything to be worried about.

Shoulda bought a Cummins.

1997 F250 7.3L XLT, 4x4, 5spd, 315K, TS chip, BD Turbo-Thruster II, Donaldson 6637 filter, 4" straight piped dual exit SOLD

1995 F350 CCLB 6.0L WIP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 02:25 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode