6.0 Fuel Injection Help - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

6.0 Fuel Injection Help

Hey all. To get started, I have a 2004 6.0 with approximately 205,000 miles on it. I bought the truck a few months ago, retrospectively for more than I should have paid, and I've loved every second of it, despite hating all of the issues that I've come across.

Well, I started having some problems, so I went to a local mechanic. I'm not from the area, but figured I'd give it a shot. I sat at the shop for about 2 and a half hours, just to have the owner give me a list of codes they'd read, charge me $200, and tell me you come back next week so they could take some things apart and tell me what might be wrong. I wasn't very happy.

So, I went ahead and picked up a Bluetooth code scanner, downloaded Torque Pro, and have been working at it myself. I've attached a picture of the codes stored here. Could someone help to elaborate as to what these could indicate? It's looking like I may need to replace injector 5, at the least, but what do the others indicate here?

Looking at the app, it's looking like I may also need to replace the FICM. Around idle, it's looking about 13-13.5 volts, and driving around the highest I saw was running up to 14 volts. If I remember correctly, you want about 14.8, right? Could this be necessary as well?

I'm still new to this Powerstroke game, and I'm trying to learn as much as I can, so any insight with regards to this situation would help greatly.

To give some background about what's been going on, I was driving down the highway a few weeks ago when the truck downshifted and started shaking really violently when I tried to accelerate. This still occurs around 45-55 MPH. The RPMs will stick, and I'll have to give it quite a bit of acceleration to get them to jump up again and quit shaking. Strangely enough, when I put the truck into tow/haul as it starts to shake, it won't happen. I've also noticed a very dramatic loss in power since then. So much so that flooring it after a cold start will only make it start to crawl forward. No CEL, the misfire count in the Torque App stays at 0, and fluids are a good.

What do you guys think? Thank you in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 05:35 PM
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

Re: 6.0 Fuel Injection Help

there's 2 different voltages you can read off the FICM. one is the logic which i believe is going to be around 13V while its running. and then there is the main power, which Ford specs to be over 45V. ideal is 48V.

a couple things to start off with, on the torque app look up the following values. One of these might help me or a smarter member point you to the answer quicker!
ICP
IPR
EOT
ECT
EBP
MAP
as well as both the Logic and Main FICM voltages

oh, also if you could, post up all the engine codes that you are seeing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Farts are like a good bourbon, add a small touch of water to bring out the excellence."
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 02:29 PM
PSN Local

Re: 6.0 Fuel Injection Help

Can you repost your codes? I don't see any picture...
+1 to the above! Great stuff! My truck has been a huge learning curve, but I'm still enjoying it.

2004 F-250 Lariat, 6.0, SCLB, 4wd, Magnaflow turbo-back, EGR delete, studded, 6.4 banjo, new oil cooler and HPOP as of 5-11-2014

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode