6.0 engine cut off put out codes - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

6.0 engine cut off put out codes

P2138 p2140 i was drving going over speed but and it died check engine light came on i restarted it it came on and cut off did it one more time pushed a throttle a bit and it stayed running. On my way home ran ok i checks codes while driveing and the 2 codes showed up . there was on big hard surge felt like i tossed it to reverse but not sure. Got home checked codes and nothing showed up let is sit for a while i cranked it and let it idle..... a few times i lt wanted to die or back fire not sure rechecked codes and both of the show along woth p2285

So i have p2189 p2140 and p2285 any help or advise on what i should start with thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 11:20 PM
"resident smarty pants"

Re: 6.0 engine cut off put out codes

P2189 isn't a diesel code

P2138 and P2140 are throttle position codes: Correlation between the triple redundant sensors (D/E and E/F). You might need a new pedal.

P2285 is an ICP code: ICP Sensor - Circuit Low. Visually inspect the ICP sensor harness and connector for damage, corrosion, or incorrect routing. This is what you get when you disconnect the ICP.

The P2285 can cause a no-start or cause the engine to die.

Mark
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARPs OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Balljoints;RACCCV6000;Updated HPOP fitting;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;plugs&standpipes;Fumo to;Harpooned;Quadzilla XZT Fuel Press;Blue spring;DashDAQ;PHP_FICM; RiffRaff boots;DCPower270A XP;Inverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;BPD WaterPump;SCT Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra w/ filter;SynchroMax
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 12:55 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bismic1 View Post
P2189 isn't a diesel code

P2138 and P2140 are throttle position codes: Correlation between the triple redundant sensors (D/E and E/F). You might need a new pedal.

P2285 is an ICP code: ICP Sensor - Circuit Low. Visually inspect the ICP sensor harness and connector for damage, corrosion, or incorrect routing. This is what you get when you disconnect the ICP.

The P2285 can cause a no-start or cause the engine to die.

Sorry fat fingers it was p2138 not 89

But the issue is intermitten the truck runs fine now anything i should look at or just change parts?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 01:04 AM
"resident smarty pants"

Re: 6.0 engine cut off put out codes

I don't believe you can get sensors individually, you have to buy the entire pedal assembly.

It could be wiring as much as it is the pedal. It is a critical component, that is why the sensors are triple redundant. I would want to resolve the issue, but the triple redundancy exists for reliability and safety and is enabling you to still drive it.

Mark
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARPs OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Balljoints;RACCCV6000;Updated HPOP fitting;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;plugs&standpipes;Fumo to;Harpooned;Quadzilla XZT Fuel Press;Blue spring;DashDAQ;PHP_FICM; RiffRaff boots;DCPower270A XP;Inverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;BPD WaterPump;SCT Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra w/ filter;SynchroMax

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode