Electrical issues, Door ajar alarm - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-27-2018, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Garage
Electrical issues, Door ajar alarm

I think I am having electrical issues with my 07 6.0. A couple of days ago when I started my truck the door ajar warning and dome light stayed on. The alarm chimed for a minute or two along with the dome light staying on. This is happening now almost every time I start my truck. I noticed that my SCT gauge screen is showing battery voltage dropping to around 11.4 after startup. It goes up to 13.8 within a minute or two. Are the two things connected? The light and door alarm go away once the voltage is back up to 13.8. I also noticed that a couple times when truck is started the voltage doesn't drop below 12.5, at those time the door alarm and dome light act normal and do not stay on. I haven't had batteries or alternator checked yet. The batteries are 3 year old Motocraft and the alternator is original. The truck has 195,000 miles on it. Any info is greatly appreciated!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-27-2018, 03:52 PM
Master BS'er

Re: Electrical issues, Door ajar alarm

I would check the door switch

Brother James

Ps...Im pretty frickin awesome!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-27-2018, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Garage

I also just noticed that my SCT programmer is not getting a readout for turbo pressure or transmission temperature. The boost and trans temp gauge on the dash appear to be working like they should.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 12:35 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Garage

Figured out the gauge issues. I just reset the programmer gauge layout that I use and they all work fine. I have lube the door latch and sensor area. That did not seem to help any.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Garage

Can anybody tell me where the door ajar chime and dome lights get their power from. Looking for the fuse that I can pull so they do not drain my battery. I pulled the door sensors out and cleaned them. No luck...lights and ajar alarm still staying on. Goes off sometimes but then comes back on driving down the road. I am ordering new sensors tomorrow, but need to keep from draining batteries till they come in. I figured pulling the fuse is faster and easier than unhooking both batteries. Thanks!!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 01:16 AM
PSN intsigator

Take the light out.

Sent from my super awesome outdated Samsung phone while waiting for masakimms# 500mA overdraw draw to catch fire which turd will be blamed for and we will be sitting on dustybumpers tailgate watching the fire and plotting against yommy.

96 F350 rclb drw 2wd psd (built not bought)
01 Excursion Limited 4wd psd (the wifes ride)
02 F350 cclb drw 4wd psd (the land yacht)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Garage

Yea, I am pulling the dome and cargo light bulbs out until new sensors come in. Any ideas where to start looking next if the sensors do not fix the problem??
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 03:16 PM
PSN intsigator

I think those sensors are completing a ground circuit. If check the wires short to ground

Sent from my super awesome outdated Samsung phone while waiting for masakimms# 500mA overdraw draw to catch fire which turd will be blamed for and we will be sitting on dustybumpers tailgate watching the fire and plotting against yommy.

96 F350 rclb drw 2wd psd (built not bought)
01 Excursion Limited 4wd psd (the wifes ride)
02 F350 cclb drw 4wd psd (the land yacht)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 11:39 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Garage

Well I changed my door sensors today and that did not fix the problem. I also noticed that the individual map lights do not work. They have no power going to them. Also this weekend the Auto 4x4 quit working. Checked the vacuum lines to the axle and everything looks good. 4x4 will work if I manually lock in the hubs. I have seen some talk about a faulty GEM module that controls many different electrical functions. That seems mainly on older trucks than mine. Is this module still on 07's? Really do not want to take it to dealership if I can avoid it!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode