White Smoke, No Power. - Page 2 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-25-2017, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Garage
Re: White Smoke, No Power.

and dont get me wrong guys, if the GF wasn't getting PO'ed about the cost of this journey, id run it up to temp and not care. but 6k for the short block of the built 6.0 i want just dont sit well with her

2004 F-250 Lariat 6.0L, crew cab, 2006 motor swap, white w/ gray interior, SCT X4, 4'' down pipe with 5'' to a stack, 325/65-18 nitto terra grapplers, air rad intake, egr delete, studded and deleted, FASS System ([email protected]) with sump, 190/100% Swamps Diesel Injectors, atlas 80 PHP FICM, RCD rods, DDPM lifters, Turbo Lab of America turbo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-25-2017, 09:06 PM
PSN Veteran

Garage

That's not a bad plan, actually. Probably what I would have done too. However, $36??? I've never seen a set of 8 for that cheap. Are you sure you're getting either Ford or Alliant o-rings? Some don't like Alliant, but I haven't had a problem with em. Also, make sure you're getting the full kit with the copper washer. I've seen just the soft part kits sold for that cheap, but since you can't reuse the copper washers, it's more like shooting yourself in the foot. lol

2004 Excursion 6.0
New HPOP/HPO system o-rings; Updated standpipes and dummy plugs
EGR delete; Rebuilt oil cooler; CCV collection mod
VR Black Diamond head gaskets and ARP studs
Oil and coolant bypass filters; Shell EC-1 coolant
Rebuilt turbo; 250 amp alt; 6000 watts of brain scrambling
One giant 240 pound English Mastiff riding shotgun!
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-25-2017, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Garage

That's only for 6 due to 2 injectors being new, but now that you mention that copper not being re usable I'll have to get all 8 and they are $4 a set from Ford, it's a complete kit as well

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-25-2017, 10:02 PM
"resident smarty pants"

If you are going to be conservative in one decision (which is wise IMO), then be consistent with all of them (ie seals). I don't think For's kit includes the top o-ring where the oil rail inserts.

Mark
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARPs OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Balljoints;RACCCV6000;Updated HPOP fitting;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;plugs&standpipes;Fumo to;Harpooned;Quadzilla XZT Fuel Press;Blue spring;DashDAQ;PHP_FICM; RiffRaff boots;DCPower270A XP;Inverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;BPD WaterPump;SCT Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra w/ filter;SynchroMax
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-26-2017, 04:02 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Garage

@bismic1, thanks for the heads up! i might as well replace all O-rings since they will be out... i do not know if ford's kit includes them or not. ill have to take a look at it when i get my hands on them. i know from the pic i saw, they had the white the blue the black, and the copper washer. is there any others besides the top smaller O-ring?

2004 F-250 Lariat 6.0L, crew cab, 2006 motor swap, white w/ gray interior, SCT X4, 4'' down pipe with 5'' to a stack, 325/65-18 nitto terra grapplers, air rad intake, egr delete, studded and deleted, FASS System ([email protected]) with sump, 190/100% Swamps Diesel Injectors, atlas 80 PHP FICM, RCD rods, DDPM lifters, Turbo Lab of America turbo.
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-27-2017, 03:03 AM
"resident smarty pants"

Alliant Power is the only supplier that includes the o-ring and c-clip for injector where the oil rail tube.

Good video

White - lower o-ring on the body
Black - upper o-ring on the body
Blue - rocker box 0-ring for the connector
small o-ring and c-clip - HPO rail oil supply
copper washer - seal at injector tip

Mark
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARPs OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Balljoints;RACCCV6000;Updated HPOP fitting;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;plugs&standpipes;Fumo to;Harpooned;Quadzilla XZT Fuel Press;Blue spring;DashDAQ;PHP_FICM; RiffRaff boots;DCPower270A XP;Inverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;BPD WaterPump;SCT Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra w/ filter;SynchroMax
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-27-2017, 04:15 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bismic1 View Post
Alliant Power is the only supplier that includes the o-ring and c-clip for injector where the oil rail tube.

Good video

Ford Powerstroke 6.0L Injector Seal Replacement and Sna - YouTube

White - lower o-ring on the body
Black - upper o-ring on the body
Blue - rocker box 0-ring for the connector
small o-ring and c-clip - HPO rail oil supply
copper washer - seal at injector tip
Ok so question, is this kit including OEM gaskets? I ask due to seeing claims that they are in these kits from Alliant and vendors selling them, but clams are as good as billy at orilleys auto talking about all his performance work on his car....

Hate to sound like an arse asking but I hate rework and I hate that I am about to battle getting valve covers back off not to mention China garbage really does not agree with these motors, nor do I like spending money on garbage..... if anyone has thoughts on these kits, your two cents on this would be much apricated!

Thank you,
Zack
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-30-2017, 01:06 PM
PSN Veteran

Garage

I've used the Alliant kits on several trucks with no problems. Some don't like em, but they're not a no-name brand.

2004 Excursion 6.0
New HPOP/HPO system o-rings; Updated standpipes and dummy plugs
EGR delete; Rebuilt oil cooler; CCV collection mod
VR Black Diamond head gaskets and ARP studs
Oil and coolant bypass filters; Shell EC-1 coolant
Rebuilt turbo; 250 amp alt; 6000 watts of brain scrambling
One giant 240 pound English Mastiff riding shotgun!
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-01-2017, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Garage

Ok, thank you Wearherlite! I think I am just going to let the truck sit for now and save up for all new injectors.... I have already been putting money aside for them due to them having 190k on them.... I just don't see the benefit of rebuilding them, and then go another period of time before more of them fail.... hate driving the car that I am now, but hell in another few weeks I'll be able to get the Swamp's Injecotrs I want
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-02-2017, 12:51 PM
Master BS'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by bismic1 View Post
I have to laugh a little .... one of the most common posts over all the 10+ 6.0L forums is "I have (white, black, blue, gray, bluish-white, etc) smoke. What is wrong?".
I would often hear that black smoke is the most common. That was not my experience at all. I found white smoke to be the most common, by far actually. Especially on the 6.0 powerstroke.

Also found rear mains to be very common, despite hearing constantly that they don't go bad on the 6.0. They do. I must have done at least ten just in the year or so that I worked strictly on diesels.

The internet is what it is, take what ya read with a grain of salt. I'm convinced a lot of the mystique and reguritated facts of this engine came from diesel Ron, though I can't prove that, its just a hunch. Ron was a good man who helped a lot of people, including myself at least once that I can remember. But I think what he often stated as opinion was taken as fact. One can do worse than to follow his advice though.

Brother James

Ps...Im pretty frickin awesome!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode