At a loss for ideas - Page 3 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 02:58 AM
ZipTieologist

Re: At a loss for ideas

Somebody will take it. I know guys down here make money parting then scrapping. Especially since you have new parts in it.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

1997 Ford F250 ZF5 4x4
390k miles
D60 Swap
TS6-Diesel Innovation Tunes
P.I.S 160/30 installed at 383k miles
Valair Single Ceramic installed at 384k miles lol
Glowshift gauges (still work lol)
I'm also WFarms97HD but seemingly cannot delete that account, moderators help???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 03:00 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97fordWyatt View Post
Somebody will take it. I know guys down here make money parting then scrapping. Especially since you have new parts in it.

I've spent 20k on it this year this is the 6th time the high pressure system has been done this year I'm just gonna pull the motor and put 12valve be done with it I have a 4bt in my jeep wasn't that hard to do so I think I'll do the 12valve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 03:04 AM
ZipTieologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdiesel702 View Post
I've spent 20k on it this year this is the 6th time the high pressure system has been done this year I'm just gonna pull the motor and put 12valve be done with it I have a 4bt in my jeep wasn't that hard to do so I think I'll do the 12valve

It's been done enough there shouldn't be an issue. There's a guy near me who bought a 6.0 with a windowed block just to put his ppumped 24v in. I can't imagine spending the money but it's all user preference. Have fun man.

1997 Ford F250 ZF5 4x4
390k miles
D60 Swap
TS6-Diesel Innovation Tunes
P.I.S 160/30 installed at 383k miles
Valair Single Ceramic installed at 384k miles lol
Glowshift gauges (still work lol)
I'm also WFarms97HD but seemingly cannot delete that account, moderators help???

post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 03:37 AM
Big dumb redneck

Garage

Not to sound mean, but sounds like parts just keep getting thrown at it hoping to accidentally fix the issue. There's no reason a hpo system should be replaced/redone 6 times...I mean if it's bad, replacing it fixes the problem. If it doesnt fix the problem, then it's not a hpo issue....not an excuse to just replace it again "just because". Sure there were some lemons that were major money pits, but yours is a bit excessive, and honestly in my opinion, a total waste of money.

You say everything has been gone over....what about branch tubes? Those need an engine disassembly for the most part to diagnose or check. Highly doubt this is the issue, but did the LPO regulator get pulled and checked for metal?

2005 F350 CCLB Dually
Studded, deleted
5" straight piped
155/30's
KC Stage 1.5
Reg return
Beans sump to the stock pump
BPD FICM
Tuned by several...depends on my mood for the day.
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 03:48 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6speedSD View Post
Not to sound mean, but sounds like parts just keep getting thrown at it hoping to accidentally fix the issue. There's no reason a hpo system should be replaced/redone 6 times...I mean if it's bad, replacing it fixes the problem. If it doesnt fix the problem, then it's not a hpo issue....not an excuse to just replace it again "just because". Sure there were some lemons that were major money pits, but yours is a bit excessive, and honestly in my opinion, a total waste of money.

You say everything has been gone over....what about branch tubes? Those need an engine disassembly for the most part to diagnose or check. Highly doubt this is the issue, but did the LPO regulator get pulled and checked for metal?

I have low pressure oil on the dash and on the scan tool I have the entire motor done in March the half ass diesel shop that worked on it charge me 12,000 and replace the entire oiling system including the injectors all the fuel lines head gaskets headstuds Oil cooler etc. I drove this truck for 12 years with zero issues it started having issues the end of the year last year that every time it would get hot and I put it under a load it would stall
When it was hot it would not start I would have to use either the fire.
I took it to the diesel shop they told me was a high-pressure oil system problem. So I had them replace everything that was related to the issue of the truck at 120,000 miles at the time. So I wouldn't have anymore problems, they replace the entire high-pressure and low-pressure oil system as a precautionary and then the truck went back to them an additional five times for the same issue within 1000 miles they were telling me that my tuner was the problem so I went from the edge tuner to the Sct x4 and the issues got worse. Come to find out that they were putting cheap remanufactured parts in the truck so they refunded me the total amount they spent on the cheap parts and I ordered everything high-performance through thorough bred diesel including the fuel system air dog. Injectors wicked wheel for the turbo the only thing that was left on the truck was the EGR cooler and this go around I deleted it I worked on several of the 6.0s and never had this issue I've checked with the air in a four hour. I had a two PSI pressure dropped so I doubt there is a high-pressure oil leak. I replace the starter with a 6.4 L starter brand-new fresh optima batteries and all it does is cranking cranking cranking cranking it doesn't even try to start it will start on ether only tried that wants to see if maybe I needed a boost. Been a great truck until the last year. It's been well-maintained it was never beat on. I'm just a preventative kind of person so when I see an issue I replaced everything that's been an issue I've done tons of research before buying parts before having the work done I'm just at a loss for ideas I can't figure the whole thing out. The wife told me yesterday that I can't spend another dime on the truck because just recently I've thrown $4000 for the parts at it trying to get it running. I have a 98 Dodge 3500 that is totaled The engine is running fine so I'll be swapping that into the truck. I bought a brand-new truck today 34 miles and we'll see how this one goes but this trucks been to four different local diesel shops including the dealer and they cannot figure out why it will not fire I've had the F ICM Redon and flash to keep up with the performance parts that of been done to the truck I just can't keep throwing money at it I've had two shops tell me they won't even work on it because everything in line pressures and everything are where they are supposed to be so I bought the scan gauge to attempt this myself. It doesn't make any sense to me so I was just wondering if anybody had ever encountered this issue sorry if this is like one giant run-on sentence but I am driving using voice to text

post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 11:39 AM
Big dumb redneck

Garage

All that still doesn't answer my question about the branch tubes.....

If they are that shady of a company, I doubt they even know what a branch tube is.

2005 F350 CCLB Dually
Studded, deleted
5" straight piped
155/30's
KC Stage 1.5
Reg return
BPD FICM
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6speedSD View Post
All that still doesn't answer my question about the branch tubes.....

If they are that shady of a company, I doubt they even know what a branch tube is.

Yes that was all replaced the 3rd go around because when they did it the first time only did the seals

post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 12:55 PM
Big dumb redneck

Garage

You have in writing ever single piece of the hpo system that they replaced? Not "they said they changed this", but in writing, detailed, spelled out each piece they replaced. And "branch tube" was specifically mentioned and listed? You've already destroyed their credentials when you found out they used cheap parts (and still charged you half what a used truck costs), but you still believe they actually repaired/replaced what they "say" they replaced? You are one trusting fella, I'll give you that.

Any shop willing to replace an entire hpo system over a no hot start issue is out to get rich quick. If they werent, they would have talked you out of it. They just saw how deep your pockets were and probably bought a condo on the beach or something. There is a reason why there are so many shady mechanics out there.....

2005 F350 CCLB Dually
Studded, deleted
5" straight piped
155/30's
KC Stage 1.5
Reg return
BPD FICM
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 02:27 AM
PSN Veteran

Garage

Yeah you have to remove the transmission or engine to change the branch tubes, so if one of those was never done they did not replace the branch tubes. It has to be something simple, just a pia to pin point the issue. Try finding a ford truck dealer as they should know the 6.0 really good.

2002 F-250 CCSB PSD 4X4, 38R, S&B CAI, Bully Dog GT, 4" Exhaust, 05 head lights and grill, 08 power fold mirrors, tailgate, bumper, tail lights, 2014 chrome steps.
1979 Bronco 4X4, 460, c6, 205
2003 Ranger 2.3 MT 2wd
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 04:37 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by codykthekilla View Post
Yeah you have to remove the transmission or engine to change the branch tubes, so if one of those was never done they did not replace the branch tubes. It has to be something simple, just a pia to pin point the issue. Try finding a ford truck dealer as they should know the 6.0 really good.

Been to 3 dealers they refuse to work on it because upgrades I know when they did the work they removed the cab I travel for work so wasn't there to witness it. I will look for my receipt. But the truck ran fine besides hot start and stalling until it stalled and took out the ipr screen and stuck open screen. But I have done a air leak test only dropped 2psi in 4 hours that could be in the gauge though that I used

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode