2006 Ford 6.0 No Start - This Lady needs some help! - Page 2 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-24-2016, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Re: 2006 Ford 6.0 No Start - This Lady needs some help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by codykthekilla View Post
Also it is not uncommon to have a bad cam sensor but it would be uncommon to have a bad crank sensor, hardly ever had to replace a crank sensor.
Can you have a bad cam sensor and not have a DTC fault code?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-24-2016, 03:17 PM
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

withthe 6.0, i'm inclined to believe anything is possible!
by the way, i scanned back through & i didn't see anywhere that you had specifically shecked for 'pending' codes? i'm sure you did, just trying to help. :)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Farts are like a good bourbon, add a small touch of water to bring out the excellence."
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-24-2016, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Wink Re: 2006 Ford 6.0 No Start - This Lady needs some help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turd-250 View Post
withthe 6.0, i'm inclined to believe anything is possible!
by the way, i scanned back through & i didn't see anywhere that you had specifically shecked for 'pending' codes? i'm sure you did, just trying to help. :)
Yep no DTC codes - so it is a maybe on bad Cam and no code. I do get RPM so that seems to point to good crank sensor.

To be on the positive side it is not intermittent so most likely I will find the actual cause at some point. I was supposed to leave on vacation today - plan B renting a car and continue trouble shooting when I get back.

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Back from Vacation - went right at Cam Sensor - First did resistance check at PCM center connector - Pin 31 and Pin 43 supposed to read 800 to 1000 ohms read open - after much contortion got cam sensor connector disconnected - jumpered across lower connecter and read ohms at PCM connector - dead short - so now I know the wiring harness from Cam Sensor connector to PCM connector is good. Now clean cam sensor conection and harnness connector apply some dieletric grease reconnect the connector and test - starts right up. So my initial theroy that going through the water helped make for bad connection at cam sensor after sitting for two hours. Reason I never got a DTC code is it was fine until it set after getting wet for a few hours then became open - so just because you have no DTC for cam Sensor does not mean it is not a bad cam sensor or connection if there where do issues before it failed and it failed while not running. Thanks for all the help - step by step narrowed it down to the real problem. I should of trusted my instinct and checked everything that was potentially submerged after running through the water. Just because I sensor/connector is supposed to be water tight does not mean it is.

Yea my truck is running!
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 04:22 PM

Glad it's running. Thanks for the update.

01 f-250, Standard
Rev tech 4" lift, 37" military wrangler Mt tires
KC diy 66, Full force 160/100 and custom tunes from PHP
Banks intercooler and full 4" exhaust, Diy S&B intake
Diy quad feed, Hydra, Isspro boost, pyro, and fuel pressure
3/0 battery cables with military style terminals

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode