please help f350 turbo issue - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 12:22 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

please help f350 turbo issue

2005 f350 6.0 it has egr delete, no engine codes showing at all just got truck 2 months ago. ive had intermittent turbo work then not work found a wire that goes to top had bad wires fixed this. now 2 weeks later truck is a slug going down road no turbo pressure at all, today I took off turbo and cleaned inside put it back together and reinstalled it, I noticed 1 cac boot has lines but not cracks yet. took for a drive and no boost still now sounds like major exhaust leak present wth did I do omg. I rechecked exhaust clamps and they are tight and straight as I redid them to be sure. does this mean I need a new turbo?? I really hope not as wow the price. boost prior was 0-20 at most never seen it gain any higher with towing trailer either was this the sign of turbo going bad?

this my first diesel any and all help will be greatly appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 01:43 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: please help f350 turbo issue

Collector pipe that inputs into turbo is probably not straight, its tough to get straight. Do some seaches here and on you tube to get it right, copper spray a gasket is a bandaid so look elsewhere. After your exhaust leak is fixed check for a boost leak.

06 f250 personal, 05 bmw x5 wife, 14 f350 srw work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmann View Post
it's a 6.0 nervous goes with it
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 01:58 AM
PSN Veteran

You didnt get the collector to the turbo on properly.

07 CCSB 4x4 Lariat FX4 Bronze Metallic/Sage
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2015, 05:23 PM
PSN Newb

X3. Make sure the Y pipe is seated to the Turbo before you tighten the clamp. It took me several tries before I realized that the Y pipe was not seated to the turbo properly and you hear a loud wooshing sound when you start it up. It helps to line them up if the Y pipe is loose at the manifold so it can be moved easily. There is a raised lip on the pipe flange that fits into the turbo inlet so it seals properly.

2004 F350 ,CCLB, SRW, 6.0, Blue Spring mod, Sinister Coolant Filter, Zoodad mod, FICM fixed.Edge Evolution for monitoring, EGR Delete, Updated Turbo feed and drain Tubes, Straight Piped
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-21-2015, 04:37 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

could this cause the turbo to not work at all tho?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-21-2015, 05:17 AM
PSN Veteran

Mine wouldn't get above 5 psi boost, then i messed with again and got up to 20 but you would hear it leak bad.

06 f250 personal, 05 bmw x5 wife, 14 f350 srw work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmann View Post
it's a 6.0 nervous goes with it
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-22-2015, 02:40 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

ok turns out need new turbo, says I have to change oil in truck which I never done yet haven't went 2k miles even lol, what better 15w40 or this new t6 synthetic 5-40 for this truck ?

there was oil spiral out rear of turbo pipe seal bad my conclusion on the turbo (for curious minds)
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-23-2015, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

ok no one told me this but for future if someone has same issue take a look at ur maf sensor clean it and make sure ur map sensor hose is connected to intake(mine wasn't) geez put new turbo in and didn't work then found hose put back on and BOOM I have 25 pounds of boost fck yea
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-24-2015, 03:55 AM
Big dumb redneck

Garage

Not to sound mean, but a simple search of "low boost 6.0" would have told you many times over to check your map line, and EBP sensor and tube. Can't believe it wasn't mentioned here already honestly. Those two are immediate things to check on low boost issues.

2005 F350 CCLB Dually
Studded, deleted
5" straight piped
155/30's
KC Stage 1.5
Reg return
Beans sump to the stock pump
BPD FICM
Tuned by several...depends on my mood for the day.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode