No start hot... giving me the blues - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 05:26 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

No start hot... giving me the blues

2006 powerstroke 6.0
all too familiar no hot start
truck has stc update
new orings under pump.
all new orings on all 8 injectors
new Ipr
unplugged icp sensor (still no start)
With valve covers off oil spews from the injector area and creates a pretty good mess even after injector o ring replacement (Problem? )
I cranked remoteley with oil filter housing removed and it won't overfill the housing at any point.
Inj pressure while cranking is about 260 & sometimes 300
starts great cold. No eratic idle or nothing..
runs great while driving except for being a little down on power and breaking up a little under wot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 09:16 AM
PSN Veteran

Garage
Re: No start hot... giving me the blues

Well, you can either get the IPR adapter and pressurize the system with 100PSI air compressor to find the leak by listening, or just go ahead and replace things anyway. Since you did the STC and the ring under the pump, that leaves the stand pipes, dummy plugs, ball nipple things on the oil rails, and injectors. You said you did the injectors. Do you mean the small black on at the top? If so, then you can rule that one out. From what I understand, the HPOP actually going out on an '06 is rare. Usually it's one of the things I mentioned.

If you're going to do the leak test, that means you be pulling it somewhat apart anyway. Why go in to replace just the item you found leaking only to have another o-ring go south a few months later? I would skip the test and just replace all of those things since you'll be in there anyway. Expense isn't really all that bad if you have the special tool to pull the ball nipple things (still can't remember what they're called)....though if you look around you can find one for a decent price. I think I paid about 30-40 on mine which was more of a "what the heck" purchase because everywhere else was almost 100. It worked like a champ. Of course, this approach won't do any good if the leak happens to be from somewhere else....'tis a gamble!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode