Sudden FICM Death...Are my Injectors Ok? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2015, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Sudden FICM Death...Are my Injectors Ok?

Yesterday I started my truck and soon after it the engine stalled and I look at my SGII to see there was suddenly no FICM voltage and when I turned the key, the injectors didn't buzz. We did a battery different tests to confirm the fault was inside the FICM and not in the wiring harness and/or the relays and fuses. Now the question is, I would like to know if this killed my injectors? This was a very sudden thing and before this my truck was running well both hot and cold with no misfires or smoke. The only thing I noticed was my acceleration was slightly sluggish lately but not to the point I would be alarmed. It was a computer part of the FICM we think failed not the power supply as when I started it up the voltage was normal 47-48v.

Thank You
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2015, 10:37 PM
Administrator

Re: Sudden FICM Death...Are my Injectors Ok?

you won't really know until you re FICM and run it but i would say your injectors will be the same condition they were when The FICM chit

DTR's Donation page

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2015, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

That's what I was thinking as it was very sudden and a quick death rather than a slow one.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2015, 11:55 PM
Administrator

better than running out of fuel IMO

now if it was a low volt and you ran it for a long time then maybe but sudden is better

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-13-2015, 07:12 AM
PSN Veteran

yep, i would agree with Zmann. Injectors SHOULD be as they were. if you drove your truck with under 40 ficm volts and keep driving it until it wouldnt run.. perhaps

Admin of BCCR

2007 f-350 CC/SB Lariat --SOLD--

2006 F-350 CC/SB Harley Davidson

- 205/100s
- Custom twin superduty pump fuel system W/ RR
- BW S366
- 4" exhaust to dual 5" tips
- air raid CAI
- 80k miles
- levelled, 35s
- Bulletproofed
- Gearhead tuning

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode