Turbo Farts?? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-12-2015, 07:46 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Turbo Farts??

Alright so I recently did a EGR delete and Oil Cooler replacement on my '04 F250. Had a lot of issues with my turbo after reinstall such as low bar pressure and back pressure alarms and really bad turbo farts even after careful y pipe alignment with coper gasket.(which disintegrated after a good hot run). I put a new Powermax turbo just like any good Powerstroke owner would do and everything was great for the first few days until. . this morning I took off not quite at fill operating temp (150's) and I got high boost and turbo farts again!!! WTF

Do I need to replace my vband clamps on y pipe connection or what? Before I reinstalled the v band clamps I took vice grips and closed the gap in the clamp a bit for boots and chuckles. I am thinking it got hot and stretched back out. Any other Thoughts???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 F250 Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4X4 Lariat. Sinister EGR Delete, Coolant Filtration. Edge Evolution CTS, Powermax Turbo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-12-2015, 08:20 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Turbo Farts??

turbo farts.. explain whats happening. because when most people refer to a fart its when you let off the throttle and it blows back out the intake

Admin of BCCR

2007 f-350 CC/SB Lariat --SOLD--

2006 F-350 CC/SB Harley Davidson

- 205/100s
- Custom twin superduty pump fuel system W/ RR
- BW S366
- 4" exhaust to dual 5" tips
- air raid CAI
- 80k miles
- levelled, 35s
- Bulletproofed
- Gearhead tuning
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-13-2015, 12:37 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

That is exactly what I am referring to. any boost over 5 psi will burp out the air intake like the VGT is not closing but it is brand new so. . .???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 F250 Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4X4 Lariat. Sinister EGR Delete, Coolant Filtration. Edge Evolution CTS, Powermax Turbo.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-13-2015, 02:30 AM
PSN Veteran

I got nothing on turbo farts, but on the collector to turbo connection the copper gasket is a bandaid. The clamp will not pull it together and seal it, you have to pull it together perfect and clamp it, i used a ratchet strap.

06 f250 personal, 05 bmw x5 wife, 14 f350 srw work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmann View Post
it's a 6.0 nervous goes with it
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-15-2015, 10:31 PM
sooty

ebp sensor?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-17-2015, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

It was the EBP sensor and Harness. Little POS causes a lot of other issues!!

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-17-2015, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Followup question. . . I got the new EBP sensor and harness in and I am getting approximately 5 volts. It is not always registering on my Edge evolution cuts? it will at times but most often it is blank but there is no more engine codes P0470 or p0472. This would all be fine if my freeway fuel milage did not just take a huge dump. around town I am around 16-17 but freeway is like 12??? HELP ME I AM LOSING MY MIND

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2015, 07:12 AM
PSN Veteran

city 16-17 hwy is 12? thats odd..

Admin of BCCR

2007 f-350 CC/SB Lariat --SOLD--

2006 F-350 CC/SB Harley Davidson

- 205/100s
- Custom twin superduty pump fuel system W/ RR
- BW S366
- 4" exhaust to dual 5" tips
- air raid CAI
- 80k miles
- levelled, 35s
- Bulletproofed
- Gearhead tuning
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2015, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Right. . . I am gonna losses my lower knuckle connections on my y pipe today and re seat the exhaust intake and see if there is a small exhaust leak that is causing me to lose back pressure at higher boost and kill my mileage. after that I might have to look at the wire harness for the EBP, what do you guys think?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode