HIGH Inj Pressure on full stomp??? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 05:25 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

HIGH Inj Pressure on full stomp???

Hello Guru's,

So. . . I just got a Edge evolution monitor and did a sinister EGR delete and Oil Cooler with Coolant Filtration setup. I also upgraded my turbo to a powermax because mine was too expensive to fix. I noticed both with the bad turbo and the new one that when the engine is at operating(190 degrees) temperature and I stomp the fuel pedal my Injector pressure alarms on the Edge in the range of like 36 - 3800 psi!!! So when I put the new Turbo on I pulled the IPR valve to replace the screen and seals I noticed the screen was not on, I found it just sitting inside the cavity. I fished it out and put the new one on. There was no damage and little gunk in it. So after all this I am still getting High Injector Pressure when I am over 2500 RPM and 15 psi. Help What is going on>>>>>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 F250 Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4X4 Lariat. Sinister EGR Delete, Coolant Filtration. Edge Evolution CTS, Powermax Turbo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 06:55 AM
PSN Veteran

Garage
Re: HIGH Inj Pressure on full stomp???

You're seeing Injector Control Pressure (ICP), right? That's actually not unusual if you have a good HPOP. Mine was up around 4150 when the pump was newly rebuilt....haven't checked it in a while at WOT. If you're referring to ICP you're fine.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 03:35 PM
PSN Veteran

Mine goes to 3900 at wot and boost

06 f250 personal, 05 bmw x5 wife, 14 f350 srw work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmann View Post
it's a 6.0 nervous goes with it

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 07:25 PM
PSN Local

I agree with the others. You don't have anything to worry about. Is yours an early or late 2004 model? Mine is an early model and I always see ~3640 psi ICP. That's the weaker HPO system. I've never owned one, but I've read the revised HPO system will go over 4k psi sometimes.

2004 F-250 Lariat, 6.0, SCLB, 4wd, Magnaflow turbo-back, EGR delete, studded, 6.4 banjo, new oil cooler and HPOP as of 5-11-2014
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 07:59 PM
PSN Local

wait till you modify one of those hpops the numbers will make your eyes pop out lol.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Thanks guys, I was starting to stress again after all the time and money I just put into it :)
Michipicoten_SuperDuty - it is a late 04. I already went through hell amazon over the sinister oil cooler they have listed as a ford which is a flipping Dorman . Well its time to tow to Alaska Woo Hoo

2004 F250 Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4X4 Lariat. Sinister EGR Delete, Coolant Filtration. Edge Evolution CTS, Powermax Turbo.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Side not what does WOT refer to ?

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 11:09 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankdaTank View Post
Michipicoten_SuperDuty - it is a late 04.
Thanks for responding to my question. It was mostly a curiosity question. In that case, then I definitely wouldn't worry. I don't know why your Edge has such a low ICP alarm threshold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankdaTank View Post
Side not what does WOT refer to ?
Wide Open Throttle.

Of course diesels aren't "throttled" per se, but it still gets the point across.

2004 F-250 Lariat, 6.0, SCLB, 4wd, Magnaflow turbo-back, EGR delete, studded, 6.4 banjo, new oil cooler and HPOP as of 5-11-2014
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-12-2015, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

thanks, lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode